Breakfast in the woods, and a funghi ID please :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hi all,
Spent the morning in some local woods, it was great with the sun coming up and shining through the leaves.

butonbushes.jpg

Took some bacon with me with hopes of finding some edible mushrooms to go with it, but it seems I was a little early as there was not much about. Still bacon sarnies and a mug of coffe did the trick :D

breakfast.jpg

Did find alot of funghi that had been knocked over... Not sure if this was the rain or people but still found some interesting ones.
I think this is Russula Fragilis but Im no expert, so any thoughts?:
russulafragils-1.jpg

russulafragils.jpg

And also came across this bracket funghi growing on a fallen Hawthorn Branch, no idea about this so any clues guys?:
unkbraketfunghi.jpg

A good morning all round :)

Kit

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Dunno prob wrong Stereum hirsutum?
Nice morning!! Love early doors tis great good thing about this time of the year is you don't have to get up so early to see dawn!!
D

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
I once (30 years ago) went with a knowledgeable friend and collected small quantities of different funghi.
I cooked each of them and didn't like any of them. I found them all much too strong tasting for me. Now I don't have to worry about what is edible, or not. I only take field mushrooms because I can recognise them easily, and after a quick soak in salted water to remove bugs I can eat them raw as I prefer them.

Oct 18, 2007
The top mushroom shown could well be a russula but don't quote me on that. They're not poisonous but not really edible either.

Not sure on the bracket fungus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE