bivi-bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Bambo, since I am bringing the missus to Ashdown I am compelled to bring one of my larger tents. We are debating whether the Khyam Igloo will suffice or if we should lug the "Taj Mahal" :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
zambezi said:
Bambo, since I am bringing the missus to Ashdown I am compelled to bring one of my larger tents. We are debating whether the Khyam Igloo will suffice or if we should lug the "Taj Mahal" :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

Blimey!!! Well I know where to come and hide if I start turning blue!!! lol

I can't even get my wife to come out in a tent let alone a basha....she's a B&B lady through and through! :rolmao:

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I see that the Argos tent was been sold for as little as £15 at Argos, but now goes for £40 to £60 on ebay!

Agree that tarp plus Bivi bag is very robust but for hill use I would still prefer the tent. In the woods the tarp may have the edge, except perhaps in midge season....
Haven't managed to break the Argos cheapie yet, and neither has it leaked so far.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Doc said:
I see that the Argos tent was been sold for as little as £15 at Argos, but now goes for £40 to £60 on ebay!

Agree that tarp plus Bivi bag is very robust but for hill use I would still prefer the tent. In the woods the tarp may have the edge, except perhaps in midge season....
Haven't managed to break the Argos cheapie yet, and neither has it leaked so far.

Fair enough Mate....I have to admit to being slightly pedantic about the use of tarps on the hillside anyway.....( :27: and if I'm honest I tend to use my tripple hooped gortex bivvi if I'm out on moors/hills etc with no tree cover...lol)

J

juliandavid

cicerone do that book, the book of the bivy..... worth reading for a bit of info and experience...
microporous ones are usually expensive, bulky, heavy, and a bit uncomfortable....

hydrophilic are usually cheap, compact, lightweight, and a bit uncomfortable...

for army surplus anything, add very uncomfortable, often canned, sometimes cheap..
try;

http://home.freeuk.net/kathmandu/index.html

theyve been doing them for years, microporous, about £50, and send out info if you ask..

juliandavid said:
cicerone do that book, the book of the bivy..... worth reading for a bit of info and experience...
microporous ones are usually expensive, bulky, heavy, and a bit uncomfortable....

hydrophilic are usually cheap, compact, lightweight, and a bit uncomfortable...

for army surplus anything, add very uncomfortable, often canned, sometimes cheap..
try;

http://home.freeuk.net/kathmandu/index.html

theyve been doing them for years, microporous, about £50, and send out info if you ask..
That would be your company would it Julian?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
bambodoggy said:
Fair enough Mate....I have to admit to being slightly pedantic about the use of tarps on the hillside anyway.....( :27: and if I'm honest I tend to use my tripple hooped gortex bivvi if I'm out on moors/hills etc with no tree cover...lol)

A bit off topic....
I've got 25 metres of green goretex......any chance of some sizes or photos of your hooped bivvi? What are the poles made from too?

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE