bear grylls survivor trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Oh hell yeah !! Bought a pair last year and got another pair. Took them to Canada in January and here they are being worn at about -27c with just longjonhs underneath.
10pde2t.jpg

That's the Bear Grylls top too Warm, comfy, hardwearing and well worth the money !!

***Edit*** Before anyone says owt, me mitts were on top of the camera bag just out of shot !! :p

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh hell yeah !! Bought a pair last year and got another pair. Took them to Canada in January and here they are being worn at about -27c with just longjonhs underneath.
10pde2t.jpg

That's the Bear Grylls top too Warm, comfy, hardwearing and well worth the money !!

Now I understand your username!The only name I want on clothing (other than my own) is one you can realy have Faith in...St Michael's!:D
Only joking - but the name puts me right off...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I like these trousers and have worn them for 18 months or so in all conditions and they fit well. The stretch panels are great for climbing or mountain biking. The darker versions don't show the name.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
i fail to see the difference other than in the panel work and the embroidery between the bear grylls logo'd crag hopper trousers and the normal crag hopper trousers... oops forgot the stretch panels if that makes a huge difference?

http://www.craghoppers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_13552_-1_25753_73937_11051_25287

is any of the bear grylls stuff any different from regular crag stuff apart from labelling?

but wether the basics are good or not, yes, ive used crag hoppers stuff for nearly 20 years, on the street and the hills

it lasts and is well made as well as being cheaper than some other brand names

although recently ive erred towrds tog 24 stuff as they have a foctory outlet near me :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The Grylls ones seem to be better fitted and narrower than the regular Crags. The stretch panels and reinforcements do make a difference if you want more flexibiliy in a trouser. They also dry insanely fast due to the material and pack down small and light.

I can't speak for the rest of the range, but it seems like well made stuff that is just a notch up in quality and fit from the regular range. No doubt you also have to pay for that ghastly label though, but like I say, on the black pepper/black trouser, this doesn't show at all. For £40 they are a damned good price.

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
same material if you look at the "detail" link on the product page, SolarDry Supplex

certainly £40 is more appealing that £60, but then, £15 for the bog standard trousers is even more appealing :)

as for cut, dont have the knowledge to comment, however as i have the legs of a chicken, all trousers just hang anyways! lol

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
same material if you look at the "detail" link on the product page, SolarDry Supplex

as for cut, dont have the knowledge to comment, however as i have the legs of a chicken, all trousers just hang anyways! lol

Solardry Supplex comes in a range of thicknesses and weaves. These are much thinner than my regular Crags. The stretch parts are like stretchy licra, only thicker.

Good news is, they are better fitted for skinny folks. I'm quite skinny and they suit me and fit me better than the regular Crags, this is why I like em.....

ghrwge.jpg

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Not good news for those of us who are skinny challenged. You know, with a chest and waste size approaching our IQ. :pokenest:

Nigel.

dont worry, i was thinking the same but for the opposite!

although my waist is expanding with my years, i seem to be keeping my chicken legs.. the last thing i want is trousers that "show them off"

what i need is some self inflating trousers with added buttocks and thigh :p

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I just got a bit of stuff from Craghoppers for scouts it all seems ok.

Johnathand what sort of snake is that I thought if you were wearing Bear Grylls stuff you were supposed to pick snakes up bare handed and bite its head off and eat it raw!!:pokenest:

Jacket looks good though.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Johnathand what sort of snake is that I thought if you were wearing Bear Grylls stuff you were supposed to pick snakes up bare handed and bite its head off and eat it raw!!:pokenest:

hard to be sure from that angle, but assuming its uk (i am from the heather) the size and side patterning would say good ole british adder

so am i right? do i win? :p

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
It is an adder. Adult female. Tasted bitter.

DSC04324.jpg

sorry for this being hugely off topic, but she is beautiful, my 4 yo corn has very similar head markings

i am very jealous, have never come across one in the wild, having my hell raising kids with me a lot of the time might have something to do with it! lol

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
sorry for this being hugely off topic, but she is beautiful, my 4 yo corn has very similar head markings

i am very jealous, have never come across one in the wild, having my hell raising kids with me a lot of the time might have something to do with it! lol

I know what you mean. You need to do some stealth training, works wonders...

ty.jpg

untitled3.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE