bear grylls ''Bailey'' knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I have just watched the first episode of his new series and I think I'm right in saying,It looks like Bear has had his Bailey made Knife Modified,I'm sure I saw Serrations near the Choil,Maybe about 2 1/2 INCHES LONG.Anyone else spot this ?

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I have just watched the first episode of his new series and I think I'm right in saying,It looks like Bear has had his Bailey made Knife Modified,I'm sure I saw Serrations near the Choil,Maybe about 2 1/2 INCHES LONG.Anyone else spot this ?

im sure that is his design, costs a fortune like any knife that is sported by a bushcraft/survival expert on TV. Personally i dont see the reason why the cost so much, plenty of makers here who have designs that are far superior in build and design quality.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Ok Good,glad I wasn't seeing things then,and as for the knife, I own one,not for using,just for my collection,And the one I have does'nt have the serrations, so it must be a one off just for him.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I thought they were serrations,they look more like a saw to me.Go figure

i think your right, more like a minature RAT7 with serrated option (oh my god shoot me now, see what you lot have done to me, its bad enough i have now drawn my 60+ knife design but i am now rembering knifes with options)

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Pray that none of them ever start using a mora

to be fair, im sure i have seen RM use one, not for long mind you LOL

Sure i saw a pic of Mors with a mora 2000, hardly breaking the bank and to be honest apart from batoning,cleaving and heavy chopping a SAK is all you need, ie Ron Hoods first 5 videos

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I'm trying not to sound like an Anorak here,bit late I suppose,lol.but I just re-watched the first episode and I have spotted something,When he is using the catus to stop his hunger,He's using the Non-serration version of the Bailey knife.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I'm trying not to sound like an Anorak here,bit late I suppose,lol.but I just re-watched the first episode and I have spotted something,When he is using the catus to stop his hunger,He's using the Non-serration version of the Bailey knife.

Geek :p just kidding. I wonder why he swapped? did he leave the other one in the hotel room?

no matter really, he is displaying skills in action, you dont have to like the teacher but you still learn. Prime example that ******************** of a computing teacher i had :p

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
from what he makes just for having his name on the blade,he can afford to take tonnes of knives.And I must admit I do like the Sheath those knives come in.

Uncle Alvah

Sep 27, 2008
Duncan NC
Personally, I'd not care to attempt to "survive" with anyone who was packing any type gear lauded by either this "Bear" character or his counterpart Les Stroud.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Personally, I'd not care to attempt to "survive" with anyone who was packing any type gear lauded by either this "Bear" character or his counterpart Les Stroud.

thread is straying but i ahve to say, i really enjoyed the les stroud stuff, on his own, little kit but when he drank untreated water in the jungle i thought plonker, sure it was ACTING a survival situation but uncalled for, he has a back up team. Both he and bear are entertaining, show some things that Ray may never show (im talking techniques) but that is what sells. You dont see page 3 girls drapped over a volvo because it is safe and sturdy, they are half naked on a lambo because it is exciting and in your face.

Uncle Alvah

Sep 27, 2008
Duncan NC
but when he drank untreated water in the jungle i thought plonker,

I thought the same thing when he ate some rotted fish that had been left on a rock by, presumeably, an eagle, in Alaska.

Fools perish quickly in rough places......

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I thought the same thing when he ate some rotted fish that had been left on a rock by, presumeably, an eagle, in Alaska.

Fools perish quickly in rough places......

im not so sure it had been left long, he did cook it i think? but still i am much happier seeing other people demonstrate the more exetreme side of survival, i want to know the skills for IF but only do them when needed. I personally would have no problem with staged scenes and told what i COULD do but actually doing it and endangering life is daft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE