Badges

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
I'd prefer an embroidered badge, really. And I was never seriously suggesting the condom idea...

A nice deep red for the leaf as a central focus would be great. My first thought was to have the leaf emerging as the flame to a campfire, with muted earth-colour text and logo. Bit vague, but I'm packing for a trip right now and haven't had much time to do any sketches over Christmas. I'd go for a circular badge too, roughly 3" across which gives plenty of space for a bold design.

I really must get a scanner so that I could jot a few doodles down!

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
I do like the images Woodsmoke use in their brochure and website, kinda lino/woodcut with a simple bold image.
Guess you better count me in then.
Rich

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I was thinking that you meant embroidered too and it's definetly what I would like.

As for round or not, I think it depends on the design because it might look better with a straight sided badge. Corners could always be rounded off (Kindof a rectangular oval!) but we'll have to see what comes up for a design.

I think 2.5" would be about right - not too big but readable. Again, I think it depends on what designs there are.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Roving Rich said:
I do like the images Woodsmoke use in their brochure and website, kinda lino/woodcut with a simple bold image.
Guess you better count me in then.
Rich

This is going to be the official badge of bcuk which means that having things like the lino cut images will not work as it will not represent the site. Unless there is something particularly creative :biggthump It needs to be very distinctively ours. It may end up being used for more than just the badges, such as T-shirts etc??

P

Paulmac

Brilliant idea

As a big theme on this forum seems to be "the less is more" approach, how about using the leaf symbol you use for site and forum with just simply BCUK or Bushcraft UK on it.
1 The guys that are familiar with the symbol will recognise it instantlly
on someone else.
2 The people who don't recognise it - it may become a topic of
conversation.
Hey presto - Keep it simple :wink:
Regards
Paul Mac

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I've just had a look at my old camp blanket from Scouts as there a lot of badges on it and i thought I would see how different badge sizes and shapes looked. I think it might be hard to draw the leaf logo (which I like as a design) on an embroidered badge and still be able to identify it as a leaf, after having looked at my old ones and the amount of detail they had.

I did see something that I hadn't thought of and might be an idea - leather with an outline style design embossed. Just a thought.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Paul Macs idea is a good one - a simple design red leaf on a pale green background with the initials BCUK underneath in the same red as the leaf and the whole thing bordered in dark green.

Three colours - easily recognisable.

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Sounds good. I'm probably up for it depending on the design. The T-shirt idea sounds good too. I'd be up for that or, even better, a wool shirt :-D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
me too!

it's nice to be associated with such a genuine and "safe" group!

i have found some "bushcraft" related badges in a scout shop (£1)showing:

bow fire technique, shelter, fire, ect. :biggthump

but they all have a boyscout doing the task in traditional 1940's gear and all have a horrible colour surrounding them:oops: .

also they have the BP logo which i've heard has less than healthy connataions! :nono:

but nice badges, i have a nice one depicting a scout using a fire bow, but haven't had the guts to attatch it to anything!

if there is a bush craft one around soon i will definately use it :ekt: !

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Well here's my 1st attempt at a design..... Should get the ball rolling :-D

bushcraft.jpg

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I agree with Tony - excellent art work but an embroiders nightmare.

KISS is whats needed here.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Very good Maddave - replace the tree with the Bushcraftuk leave emblem and your on to a winner in my book.

Well done.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Gary said:
Very good Maddave - replace the tree with the Bushcraftuk leave emblem and your on to a winner in my book.

Well done.

If ya mean this one
bushcraftlogo.jpg

I tried bit it was too dark and I do'nt think it would show in the embroidery. If there's a simplified one that I can play about with I'll give it a go :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE