Badges

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

mbrodw

Guys,
I'm sorry but that logo looks AWFUL in the current site design! I'm SORRY but it has to be said!

I think we have two options

1) Either redesign the whole site to make it sit in harmoney with the logo!

OR

2) Redesign the logo to fit the site!

From a personal point of view i strongly believe the logo doesn't reflect the idea of bushcraft, it gives me the impression of a "family sunday strolling club"

I don't want to get your backs up-i just want to give my opinion-i want the site to grow and be very fruitful in the future!

Mark

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Like it! Not sure about the green though. When will they be made available, Tone, you should sell them over the site. :-D

Cheers,

Jake

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i like the design (and the logo :lol: ) but..

going back to basics now...

someone comes up to me and says:
"what does the logo represent?"

what do i say? :-?

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
i like the design (and the logo :lol: ) but..

going back to basics now...

someone comes up to me and says:
"what does the logo represent?"

what do i say? :-?

Bushcraft on the web ... see the symbolized @ symbol!!!!

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Looking good Tony! :wink: I'm sure the site will adjust organically around the logo with time, so give it some time. It's a good solid icon for us all to get behind, and I for one am looking forward to wearing it on a T-shirt! :super:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Hi Tone,

You gotta remember to keep it simple. When do you think they will be available?

Cheers,

Jake

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I'm sorry but that logo looks AWFUL in the current site design! I'm SORRY but it has to be said!

I wouldn't go that far but I think you are right. The logo doesnt fit with the current website design..... but I do like the logo.... its growing on me since I first saw it and prefer it to the old one.

Can't wait to see a couple of badge designs with the new logo..... especialy on a non white background.

Looking forward to it :)

Ed

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
I really like the design as its simple and would arouse questions about our beloved subject, due to the fact of being along the lines of FCUK apparel.

One thing id like to suggest though, is to have the website address across the back and not on the front. I feel having it there is much better for it to be seen than on your belly, where if your a little `padded` could make the wording follow your contours :lol:

Dark green and black would be my choice of t-shirts.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
i have to go with the negitive crowd. i don't like the new logo far too corporate and says nothing about the outdoors.

i for one would have liked to have seen more consultation with the members of the forum. a major change to the site identity should have been offered to a poll rather than a select few.

i respect the guys running the site need the final say but we are supposed to be a community. IMHO

hope i haven't stepped on any toes.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Right...LETS PUT IT TO A VOTE!

We live in a democracy, right tone? Why dont you set up a proper vote, enabling all the members to choose. It will then close at a certain date, once everybody has had theres. Whatever the final outcome, so be it, it is the majority.

And to stop people voting twice, just start a new thread where people write down what they want (A, B, or C), if someone votes twice, then one of there votes will be disallowed.

Put up the designs at the begining of the thread, and let us choose!

An idea?

Cheers,

Jake :-D

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
We are not really a community. This is the forum section of Tony's site. While we are more than made at home it is Tony's right and some would even argue, his obligation to make the decisions. Consultation is one thing but the buck stops with him. Anything run by committee will end up as a fudge.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Sorry, i didnt mean it like that, i just thought it may be an idea. Of course he would make the final one!

Jake

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
MagiKelly said:
Consultation is one thing but the buck stops with him.

:rolmao:

Anything run by committee will end up as a fudge.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that. It's not that I disagree with democracy but when you have to listen to what could be over 400 voices, it sounds like work to me!

Change is always difficult to accept ... I was over on Bladeforums today and I was shocked/horrified by the change to the layout ... but the bottom line is that the quality of the info there is just as good, and I'll get used to the format pretty quickly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE