Are you loving your Lundhags?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RobbieD

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2013
East Anglia
I have a pair of Jaure Mid in size 45, and I really, really do like them - but the fit over the top of the foot after a number of miles can be a bit restricting, and then can feel it rub. I need to experiment with differing socks, and insoles (thinner) to reduce the volume, which I think will help. The whole concept of a shell boot I really like - and Lundhags for me encapsulate this - just need a little mod here and there I think. Any other wearers of Lundhags with thoughts?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I have a pair and have used them a bit, but not as much as I would like. They are serious rough country hiking boots. Mine only fit if I put two pairs of thick socks in there, then they are great. I did horrible things to them in New Zealand when I stuck on a pair of neoprene socks and used the Lundhags as wading boots. They worked, but I wouldn't want to do that often.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I use mine with two pairs of socks (the thought beeing is to have the friction between the two layers. The innermost is of the thin and tight (-ish) variety)

I got the Syncro Hi (two sizes above "normal").
I really like them. As a plus - everything can be repaired on them. They are really tough, though.

Perfect hiking boot (and you can get them dry in the field)

Greger

Last edited:

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
i have 2 pairs, the Jaure high and an older version of the forest (with a brown rubber base, maybe ex mil???). i wear both pairs a lot. The forest ones are my day to day dog walking boots and the Jaure are for being out and about in the hills etc. 2 pairs of socks, as Lundhags suggest, really does make a big difference to comfort, especially on longer days.
I have also experimented with both the beta and gamma insoles but generally go with the gammas, but both, when new are quite thick, although they do compress a lot with use. but maybe try a different insoles such as superfeet. slightly lower volume and may help.

RobbieD

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2013
East Anglia
I have found that with the Opti last used with Jaure this is more true to shoe size for me, so a thin liner and medium Smartwool socks are just about ok. Better with very thin insoles. So with the regular fit e.g. with Forest boots the same size is bigger, easily incorporating two pairs of thick Smartwool expedition socks. Have tried a size down in regular fit and is too snug. As mentioned the great thing with Lundhags is that they can be easily repaired, and you can regulate to an extent foot temperature and comfort with the use of socks. Have found them to be so much better than other boots I have owned with goretex lining. They are expensive but if you can, well worth the investment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE