Any meetups in Kent...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Hellz said:
I'm suprised I'm the first one to post back... :D

I had a great time, it was a most pleasant and relaxing day. Lots of tea and chin- wagging ;) Was good to see you all, we'll definitely have to do it again!

Thanks to Mike for organising and a special thank you to Geoffrey and Hannah who came and gave their time for two very inspiring workshops. It was a pleasure chatting with Libby about the area first thing too, thanks for taking the time.

I've posted some pics here: BCUK Meet 9/4/06

Be good to see some of the other pictures too.

Take care all,
Patrick

Good pics :)

It was a good relaxing day.. Lovely site too - and it looks as though we are going to be welcome to go back too :)

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I was wondering when you lot would get round to posting about the weekend :)

So, how did it go? What did you get up to? What did the rest of us miss?
I was re-reading the thread yesterday morning and wishing I'd gone :rolleyes: :D

Good pics by the way :cool:

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
-Switch- said:
Nickg - I can't see your pics :(
The link worked fine but the pics aren't showing at all, just outlines and a little square in the corner of each one with some coloured shapes in it... :confused:

Seem to work fine for me. You do have to wait a bit for them to come down theyre not too small (which i spose really means theyre too big) Give it another try mate

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Pictures worked for me eariler at home - not working now (at work)

Thanks for all the pictures much better than any I took
I'm in a lot of them - thats me wearing the hat.

nathe

Feb 3, 2006
kent
Dear all,
hope you had a good time - we enjoyed having you!
take care - hope to see you again soon.
Libby. :)

A

Annie

Damn I missed it (first time back on the forum for ages). If you organise another meet please let me know. I'd really like to come along as I've only been one so far.
Thanks

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I've taken it upon myself to try to sort us out with access to Mereworth Woods in West Malling for overnight meets. The thing is it's owned by the M.O.D so organizing it is going to be a pain, but it's worth it if enough people are interested.
It's a good site (I spent alot of time there with ACF) with alot of potential and public access is allowed but is restricted.

So let me know if you're interested and I'll see if we can get something sorted. I'm not promising a good result but I'll give it a go :D

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Nice one Switch looks like a good site
I didnt realise there was any public access except the footpaths
best of luck with this see you on the 21st

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Lawrence

Thanks for bringing the wood billets at the last meet. Ive been contemplating carving a spoon for ages and I finally finished the one that i started at the last meet.

Picsare at this link http://www.onegoodturn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bcuk/spoon.htm

Also big ta to bardster for loaning the various metalwork to make the rough article.

The wood is apple and the finished spoon is 8" - 200mm overall - well chuffed

nathe

Feb 3, 2006
kent
Hello,
Mike could you let me know rough numbers for the meet on the 21st at Littlehall Pinetum please?
Thanks!
Libby.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE