All Change!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Today was my last day of gainful employment - I am now fully retired and will subsist on no more than savings and the State Pension!

I will have lots of time to enjoy myself and get things done that I have only dreamed about .. as long as the body and bank account hold out :)
I have lots of plans but have to start sorting out the details :) Planning in detail starts tomorrow!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Happy retirement John...personally I'm looking forward to many posts about your various projects

Sent from my moto g22 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CrispyDuck

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Welcome to the next step.

The “suddenly remembering that you should have done something at work” wears off pretty quickly.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
You'll need to learn how to say no!
I found that the months after I finished being gainfully employed were busier than ever; everyone assumed I now had plenty of spare time and I never did get round to doing what I had planned.
Thankfully, now folk assume that I'm too old to do anything. Still end up feeding neighbour's chickens and watering their seedlings while they're off adventuring, but they know how fit I really am. I don't begrudge them through; they are only in their 70s and have taken my advice to do things while they are still fit.
I doubt if you'll be idle and look forward to some interesting posts in the future.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Congrats from me. Life very soon takes over any kind of ‘spare time’ and fills it up, so make sure that you’re doing things that you always wanted to. Life also doesn’t need to be too expensive if you cover the important things, but give yourself a little treat every now and then!

Health to enjoy as some say :)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Congratulations John - you'll realise very quickly that all those people that said 'I don't know how I ever had the time to go to work' were not joking; time flies, enjoy it.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Some lovely thoughts there folks - and I refuse to allow my plans to be thwarted!
"I don't want to
I do not have to
You can't make me
I AM Retired"
is my new mantra - and I may even buy the T-shirt I saw it printed on!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE