A Welsh meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I spoke to Keith on the phone today,
Seems like the whole family are going - second moot for the young-un and she's not even a year old!

See you there. I'll bring the Ogripod for anyone who's interested, and some other inventions besides :cool: .

Ogri the trog

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
How did I miss this thread???? Lucky I caught it in time :D .... I'll be there if I can get there. Is this a tent campsite or can they accomadate bashas/tarps and hammocks?

Ed

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Dont know if i can make this one but if i do....shall i bring some more of that safety wood...you know Tony, the stuff that even meths wont ignite, or inner tube, or petrol..... :lmao: Joker you know what i mean ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ed said:
How did I miss this thread???? Lucky I caught it in time :D .... I'll be there if I can get there. Is this a tent campsite or can they accomadate bashas/tarps and hammocks?

Ed

Sorry Ed :eek: Should have made sure you knew. You should be able to put up what you want. There’s a few choices as there’s woodland down the bottom of the land but it will probably be wet getting there. There’s an old bridle paths that can take hammocks strung across them or there’s plenty of room for tents. We’ll be allowed to go where we want.

peds8045 said:
Dont know if i can make this one but if i do....shall i bring some more of that safety wood...you know Tony, the stuff that even meths wont ignite, or inner tube, or petrol..... :lmao: Joker you know what i mean ;)

I hope you can make it….Yes do bring some safety wood, it would me a great competition to see who can get a fire going :D Heck, put that stuff on a roaring blaze and it will put it out :yelrotflm It would be good to see you again.

Looking forward to it guys:D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
There’s a few choices as there’s woodland down the bottom of the land but it will probably be wet getting there. There’s an old bridle paths that can take hammocks strung across them or there’s plenty of room for tents. We’ll be allowed to go where we want.
Yeah I found it on the website :banghead: It says they have an area for wildcamping ........ Though to be honest, not sure If I am going to be able to make it :(

:)
Ed

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looking forward to the weekend!
Weather forcast looks...OK I will leave that out!
I hope to get there at about 4ish and will have a bit of kit to trade/sell/swap inc some knives and self inflating camping mats.
It will be good to put faces to names, meet old friends and get out in the woods for a while.
See you there
John

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Do not let the weather forcast put you off! Do that and you will never get out - at least not in Wales!
"There is no such thing as bad weather, merely inapropriate clothing and a poor attitude"
John

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks to everyone who came along for making my first BCUK weekend so enjoyable!
Special thanks to Tony for finding the site and to Ogri the Troll for showing me his answer to cold nights in a hammock.
I had a great and chilled out time but was amazed at how few folk turned up....fair weather bushcrafters...?
As the Girl Guides say "Don't complain - camp in the rain" it only rained for one night after all!
There was talk of bi-monthly meets in future - I am up for it, any other takers?
John

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
but was amazed at how few folk turned up....fair weather bushcrafters...?
Not a fair weather bushcrafter at all mate.... I dont know if Tony made my appologies, but since myself and my other half have just been made redundant I had to deal with dole office / job club (friday) and interviews (saturday).... sorry I wasn't there, but putting a roof over my head and feeding us takes priority over chilling out in the woods .... I hope you understand my postition and you all had a great time, and I'm sorry I missed it :(

:D
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE