A weekend and a Day pt.II ~ Returning with an extra body.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Another alternative is the Nash Indulgence Lo-Chair. It's similar size to the Chub, maybe a bit heavier and more padding and it's a bit more expensive. I have them both but find the Chub to be more comfortable, but one of me mates prefers the Nash.

51Jpt7sW3aL._SS400_.jpg

udamiano

On a new journey
I think I need to go and hide in the woods.....:theyareon to much choice, I can feel the icy touch of the bank manager, like the onset of winter. which is probably not as scary as "Another Bl**dy chair,it was jackets last year" said in an outraged french accent, 5mins after delivery...

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I think I need to go and hide in the woods.....:theyareon to much choice, I can feel the icy touch of the bank manager, like the onset of winter. which is probably not as scary as "Another Bl**dy chair,it was jackets last year" said in an outraged french accent, 5mins after delivery...

Both chairs are superb. The Chub has 3/4 floating arms that are tubular with a textured rubber sheath. Good for if you are doing stuff, like fishing, or flint napping or woodcarving or whatever, but the seat is a little short for me and doesnt support under the knees as well as the Nash, same for the back, it's a little low on the Chub, whereas the Nash is just high enough to support your neck in a slouch. The Chub has been designated SWMBO's chair and the Nash is more of a slobs chair, so that's mine. :D

Both stimulate a huge amount of chair-envy at gatherings. They seem to breed too - the following year there is always more of them. :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
your very bad men :nono:. I'm going down the fishing store tomorrow and give one a try if they have them, and if it fits, Im going to have a new chair for the RC meet :cool:

All the resistance of a wet tissue me :surrender:

Nah... very cunning...

It's always cheaper to get someone else buy a bit of kit you want to trial :rofl:

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
your very bad men :nono:. I'm going down the fishing store tomorrow and give one a try if they have them, and if it fits, Im going to have a new chair for the RC meet :cool:

All the resistance of a wet tissue me :surrender:

Here's some more options....

[video=youtube;ygQ5o86JQJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQ5o86JQJE[/video]

Just remember, a real bushcrafter would be comfy sitting on a rock. :D

udamiano

On a new journey
Just remember, a real bushcrafter would be comfy sitting on a rock. :D

Been there, got the T-shirt and the stinging cream that years of sitting on cold damp rocks gives you. I likes the comfort now, where i can sit a watch those younger than me sitting on cold damp rocks, happy in the knowledge that the pharmaceutical producers are not going out of business just yet LOL

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
You dont have to convince me mate, I've learned there isn't much in life that doesn't seem a whole lot better from a warm, comfy bed or a good chair. :D

Seriously, if you can find a Chub Lo-Lite xtra chair, get one, you wont regret it. They are a bit on the bulky side compared to the usual lightweight options, but for base-camp type use, they are manna from heavan and are worth every gram and square inch, times ten.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now while i love just perching my slender rear on a rock like a true bushcrafter i have to say that i do have a jrc concept carp fishing chair with arms and well its nick name is the throne cos well thats what it is and its defos worth the sixty quid i payed for it drew

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Talk around the fire can be eclectic and a week on I've (finally) remembered to dig out an equation I had mentioned in passing ...

To start with we are given

a = b

Then multiply both sides by a, giving

a[SUP]2[/SUP] = ab

Then add a[SUP]2[/SUP] - 2ab to both sides

a[SUP]2[/SUP] + a[SUP]2[/SUP] - 2ab = ab + a[SUP]2[/SUP] - 2ab

Simplified this is

2(a[SUP]2[/SUP] - ab) = a[SUP]2[/SUP] - ab

Finally, divide both sides by a[SUP]2[/SUP] - ab

and we get ...

2 = 1

Improbably impossible! :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I love that conundrum - once you know the secret it's quite obvious but I won't give it away here ;)

thumbs-up.gif
Yup, it looks and feels right but you know it's wrong ~ and until you know 'what, where and why' it can be a bit ...
hitting-computer.gif

I looked at it last night and now and I'm even more confuddled... but then maffs was never my strong subject :rolleyes:

Ignore maths and use logic
bugging-out.gif

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE