A very sad day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
What a woman. What a life. The best way to go….. quickly and with dignity and with all your family around you!
RIP Queen Elisabeth.
S

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
The end of an Era, a true Lady, who kept the promises she made on her coronation, and despite the many personal problems she faced, always acted with courtesy and dignity, setting an example to world leaders. Loved by millions and respected throughout the World, the longest serving monarch in British history, May she find peace.
Succeeded by Charles our new King, the oldest person to become King in British History, may he reign long and true.
RIP Dear Lady, and Long Live the King, Charles III.

Nov 14, 2013
United States
Condolences from across the pond. The world has lost some light. In 20 years of service continuing into today, I have served with and alongside the people of your country. Far away from my homeland, on hearing the sad news first thing, I texted a British colleague, also far from his home shores. The special relationship between our Nations is real and felt deeply by those who have worked together. In many ways, our nation has looked to you as an example along our path. The world shares your grief.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
A month before my 9th birthday, I was in a Children's Hospital recovering from a near fatal dose of Pneumonia. The Matron allowed those of us well enough, to go into the Nurse's Rest Room and watch the Coronation on a 14" Ferguson Television. Today that event is as clear in my mind as if it was yesterday, and the sense of loss is almost personal. Long live the King.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was three when I curtsied to the Queen as she passed by en route to open a local hospital. The Queen smiled and waved and she was beautiful.
All my life, she has been Queen.
We were told we were the New Elizabethans when I went to primary school, and the world seemed full of hope and new things, and work to be done and changes to made. Great things ahead.
The Queen was the constant presence, her face on every new coin, on every stamp, her oath given wholeheartedly and unbroken. Outside politics but finer than any political appointee, her only aim was to see all her people thrive.

Sincerest sympathies to her family. Rest in Peace, Ma'am.

Long live the King.

I hope he reigns in peace, and long enough to let his grandson grow up with his parents able to be actively involved in his life.

Have to feel for the youngest prince though. First day of school and G.Granny dies....except his G.Granny was The Queen.
He'll never be allowed to forget that one.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
@Toddy
Oh yeh Stamps!! Never even thought of them. It's very strange, I really never considered all the aspects of her presence that I just took as normal.
Crests, crown, royal appointments, stamps, coins, money, really is amazing.

Not to sound despondent, but Charles has some big shoes to fill, especially in people's minds/hearts...

Reactions: CrispyDuck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE