A Q for the Ladies - Gentlemen, you may wish to avert your eyes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I was thinking about the coming season of going out into the woods and I started to think about underwear, particularly ladies underwear (as I am a lady), specifically - Bra's.

I was wondering what you choose for the outdoors...
Under-wired?
Non Under-wired?
Sports?
Free

Or something else?

I just tend to wear my normal everyday bra, but the under-wire's can dig in, especially when carrying wood or chopping/ splitting firewood. But I like the comfort of them, now I'm used to them, before I used to wear the non under-wired sort, but with my size, there just doesn't seem to be the right amount of support and the back pain was awful.

I was thinking of buying a couple of sport's bra's for bushcrafting but I was speaking to a friend of mine, who said that they are quite painful after a while so I thought I'd ask the ladies opinions on here... Please discuss :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
With a title like that Michelle I think you might get a few suggestions from the blokes.

My other half is quiet large in the upstairs department and she seems to get on okay with the sporty numbers as far as I know.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Shock absorbers :D :D
Ultimate comfort, day after day. They're meant for hard exercise so they take our outdoors efforts easily. They wick away damp quickly and don't get stretched out. I've worn the same one day in and out for a week before now when digging on a hot dry site and I wasn't 'ripe'.

They don't emphasize the bustline any though,:eek: but they do keep them where there supposed to be even when stripped off ;)
Size wise ? I'm a D cup and the shockabsorbers are really secure without squish, iimmc. They're a kind of double layer lycra construction.
****Please PM Toddy for details of Shockabsorbers****

I bought two new ones from an ebay shop, and himself came through wondering why on earth I was buying shockabsorbers since the car had just passed it's MOT :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
He did wonder about purple and turquoise though :confused: :lmao:

atb,
M

Last edited by a moderator:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
What you need is an RM designed Woodlore "Backwoods Bra" if you are prepared to join the 10 months waiting list. The word on the street (or should that read meadow?) however is that it has yet to undergo meaningful field testing. The jury is also out on the suitability or otherwise as an item of Bushmoot eveningwear.

Personally I think this is all a storm in a D cup so get your name on the list today!

Oh, and they are only available in green.

Cheers

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
This thread is useless without..........!

:D

Click on Toddy's link and go through the steps.... lol!
(That should keep the guys happy for a while)

What you need is an RM designed Woodlore "Backwoods Bra" if you are prepared to join the 10 months waiting list. The word on the street (or should that read meadow?) however is that it has yet to undergo meaningful field testing. The jury is also out on the suitability or otherwise as an item of Bushmoot eveningwear.

Personally I think this is all a storm in a D cup so get your name on the list today!

Oh, and they are only available in green.

Cheers

Ahh, for those times when a t-shirt just isn't enough camouflage hahaha

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I didn't see that link! Quite funny actually! :D As a typical bloke, I'll give you three guesses at what cup size I clicked to compare the bounciness with!

:lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hear ? Mind thon thread on You know you're a bushcrafter when..... ?
I was in Asda and I found I was actually tempted by an underwired bra and pantie set in OD :rolleyes:
I walked away shaking my head, thinking, "Toddy this is getting waaaaaaay out of hand " :sigh:
Then I went back and I bought the matching swimming costume :D :eek:

cheers,
M

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Hear ? Mind thon thread on You know you're a bushcrafter when..... ?
I was in Asda and I found I was actually tempted by an underwired bra and pantie set in OD :rolleyes:
I walked away shaking my head, thinking, "Toddy this is getting waaaaaaay out of hand " :sigh:
Then I went back and I bought the matching swimming costume :D :eek:

cheers,
M

Again... the spray of coffee!

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I have heard tales of steel underwires in bras causing compass deviation, especially when the compass is held on a neck lanyard (i.e. close to the chest). So bear that in mind if you have any navigating to do in the woods.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Depending on conditions (from Wikipedia - so it must be true) ;)
Metallic underwires, which attract and conduct electricity, can put a woman at risk of burning or death during electrical storms and lightning strikes. There have been incidents where the underwire deflected a bullet or other weapon aimed at the chest.

So if it's stormy leave the underwired one at home and go for a sports version. If someone is shooting at you... what type of bushcraft are you up to?

Cheers,
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE