If you had no ties and money wasn’t an issue, where would you move to?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WittyUsername

Forager
Oct 21, 2020
Kent
I’ve been talking to the missus about retiring abroad. We love the outdoors, so I’d want the trifecta of being in amongst woods/forests and rivers/streams, but ideally only being an hour from a beach in one direction and mountains in another.

I was thinking Canada but I know how cold that gets. Maybe the South island of NZ? I even gave France some thought, the middle is really nice and wild.

Anyone had the same thoughts? Got any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: CLEM

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Your money would go far in Ireland and maybe more realistic that far away distant places like New Zealand which although lovely I'd imagine would want to see a fair old chunk of cash in the bank to qualify on a points basis - have you explored that aspect??

i would suggest checking out Nomad Capitalist youtube channel as it covers the requirements for various countries. < sorry - ever the pragmatist >

https://www.youtube.com/c/nomadcapitalist

WittyUsername

Forager
Oct 21, 2020
Kent
Your money would go far in Ireland and maybe more realistic that far away distant places like New Zealand which although lovely I'd imagine would want to see a fair old chunk of cash in the bank to qualify on a points basis - have you explored that aspect??

i would suggest checking out Nomad Capitalist youtube channel as it covers the requirements for various countries. < sorry - ever the pragmatist >

https://www.youtube.com/c/nomadcapitalist

Thanks, I’ll check the channel out.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Playa Blanca Lanzarote..... Wonderful place, perfect temperature all year round, beautiful inland villages and superb wine.

Happy days. :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
There's an ex-pat brit family here. They have embraced our life style and environment without blinking. Even at -16C at sunrise today. Licensed fur trapper with trap lines. Big game hunter of all available species and they prepare what they harvest. He's very successful.

This village, McBride, is the center of the very best snowmobile territory in all of North America. There are some 300km of groomed XC trails. No downhill ski resorts nearby but Jasper/Marmot is 2 yrs east. Several heliski companies if you have the big money for it. So long as the land isn't fenced, you can snowshoe all over the place.

I could live with a rainy winter. Warm workshop and more started wood carvings than I know what to finish first.
It's -10C outside right now sunny and calm. Need coffee and food and settle down to do some carving.

However.
The reason the grass may look greener on my side of the fence has to do with the fact that there's more crap in the grass. But you won't know it until you're standing in it.

We think that housing prices are obscene, especially in the bigger towns and cities. Follow the 20C isotherm line around the world. You will see that it touches Vancouver Island and what we call the Lower Mainland = Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.

Attachments

• McBride Cat.jpg
    McBride Cat.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 27
  • EARLY WINTER.jpg
    EARLY WINTER.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 28

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE