A challenge for the young team.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I thought this may be of interest to some young folk who frequent the forum.

British Council has been sponsoring young people across the world to take action on the environmental issues that inspire them most. Past achievements include a photography trip to the Arctic and exhibition of the work, lobbying for a network of charging points for electric vehicles and running a ‘cycle to work’ competition – your imagination is the limit!

Climate Squad, Global Action Plan’s Youth Volunteering programme, will deliver the training and support, in partnership with the British Council. Participants will receive free travel, meals and accommodation for events, plus excellent training and you may be eligible for mentoring and seed funding. Our residential course is aimed at 18-25 year olds just like you who’d like to tackle climate change, whilst also picking up some great tips on communication, teamwork, leadership and project management – really useful skills that your employer will value.

After attending the training, you would then go on to run your very own project to create change in your local community, for which you will receive a United Nations Environment Programme certificate and become a British Council Champion.

To apply, just complete the survey below, giving an outline of a project you would like to run, or your particular area of interest (awareness raising, carbon saving, building communities, biodiversity, etc.). No past experience is necessary and a dedication to making positive changes will definitely help.

There will be one course in Kent, 26 – 28th October, and another in Perth, 15-17th November

England: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ClimateSquadBritishCouncil

Scotland: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ClimateSquadBritishCouncilScotland

We'll be in touch with further details soon after. Please note that participants should be a resident of the UK – other British Council offices across the world manage their own climate change programmes.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I think the right candidate could easily merge this with bushcraft, who was running the thread about starting work on a community woodland and was looking for backing for it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE