£50 for a tablet computer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not in stock until the 22nd and mine cost me nowt with my clubcard 'boosts' :)

It runs android but its a version cut for Amazon so you can't access all google apps

Good offer on in Tesco just now, 3l slow cooker for a tenner

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Can it be 'fixed' so that it will run another version of Android?

It would not surprise me in the slightest if there are or will be alternative roms from the likes of cyanogen etc.

Personally i'd just fork out a little extra and buy a decent tablet.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

It runs just fine for me. Can stream video, surf forums, download, upload etc. Sure its not a laptop, but tabletsare inherantly "browse and watch" devices - it does that just fine - and for £35 its a bargain.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

You can 'side load' other apps, look on youtube and there are videos showing how but this is a good tablet for my granddaughter, she's not three yet but navigates the likes of youtube. Also there is no GPS with this tablet.

Buy this for a tenner http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201469207...49&var=500648870632&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT and download something like Open Office or Libra Office (freeware) and you could do some basic word processing and spread sheets. You can download an epson app which lets you print from your tablets over your wireless network

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
My oldest managed to pick up a Viglen Windows 10 tablet from Tesco for £50 at the weekend.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Any suppliers? Check the other day and amazon was delivery 22nd December, cutting it a little close :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks, ordered a slow cooker :p

Will look for something else, bit too close to the deadline that.

The ten quid three litre slow cooker from Tesco is working well. I've a six litre which is great but a tad big for most uses so the three litre fits the bill for most daily use.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I've just ordered one for my son - its actually the last of his birthday Amazon vouchers, but he doesn't seem too worried at waiting until Christmas. At £45 you can't go wrong (the £35 price is a bit of a con), but if you want more flexibility, then a non Amazon Android tablet is the way to go. My daughters Fire has been fine for her, but Amazon make it cheap for a reason - your in their ecosystem, and its very difficult to get out. A Samsung was around for £99 from Tesco's the other day.

Still, with one each, at least they wont be fighting over it...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE