Primus omni / Optimus nova / MSR XGK / HM 22

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been using my MSR Whisperlite Int for around 15 years now without any problems, some folk have had a hard time with the same model but I've never had a bad word to say about it. I've only ever used unleaded in mine too and the only time I've had to clean the jets was this year in France when it got a bit spluttery, five minutes with the leatherman soon got it chugging away as good as new.

Last edited:

d.s.k.

Sep 17, 2006
Norway
Not knowing if there are any other pressure stoves on the market, what is the most reliable pressure stove?

You will probably get several different answers, depending on experience and...

I have had my Nova for more than 6 years (Not Nova+) and have had no trouble at all, after I had learned to handle the quick coupling right.

Optimus has had a periode of trouble, and had recently some recalls. All these were made in china, the made in Sweeden, and maide in Taiwan versions has been more reliable. They have stopped the making in China by now!

Primus has no buildt in cleanin nedle, but seems to be reliable too. The MSR XGK has traditionally been the expedition stove, even with their plastic pump.
XGK may simmer very poor, if that is a part of your evaluation.

Do not know the HM 22, I know some HM stoves has been forbidden sold because of lack of documentation of safety. This does not tell the safety is bad, just that they cant prove it's not!

Brunton has been sold, and Brunton Lander = Kovea Booster is a great stove. Kovea Booster has been best in test here in 2007. And no other stoves has been copied more. (Many poor copies) This one has no buildt in needle neither.

By my opinion; All multifuel stoves are made for one spes. fuel, and modified to accept the others. Very often white-gas as the primary fuel.

dsk

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love the original Nova but not a fan of the Nova +, so me it would be the Primus or XGK. Good reliable multifuel look for Optimus 111T

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
i have a nova (not nova +) and a omni both are very good stove with no running problems at all
the omni runs on gas aswell which is good and comes in a great package
the nova is a very good stove for keeping the jets clean and you dont have to change the jet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE