optimus stoves?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
today i helped a friend of mine to sort her belongings -- she's leaving the country and needs sadly to get eid of most of it in short time :-(
most of it will hopefully raise some cash for her in an upcoming yard sale, but my "personal score" is a brandnew-looking stove. there's no description with it (and my friend wasn't able to tell me anything about it) except a small label saying "optimus polaris optifuel" -- in english it says "gas + liquid fuel" but in several other languages only "for gas" -- as there's something looking like a pump with it i presume it could use liquid fuel, too... .(there's no fuel bottle with it so i'd have to get one)
has anyone experience with this brand (and model) ?! if yes -- good ones or not?! (i haven't done any googe research yet)

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
There are illustrations of the complete Optimus Polaris Omnifuel on the Classic Camp Stoves site.

I don’t know whether it is acceptable to cross post but there are CCS members on this site who could advise.

Last edited:
Reactions: forrestdweller
Has she been shopping at Ray Mears?

no idea... the stove may have been left behind by her ex-husband, as she has currently some issues i won't be able to find out...

seems however i scored something good here, so it's worth doing some more research :) (and keeping it)

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It is a good score. That thing will run on anything from diesel to butane without changing jets and cost around £150 new.

Now you just need some PG Tips, a splash of milk, and a Ben Orford to cut a slice of Victoria sponge. :)

Last edited:
It is a good score. That thing will run on anything from diesel to butane without changing jets and cost around £150 new.

Now you just need some PG Tips, a splash of milk, and a Ben Orford to cut a slice of Victoria sponge. :)
i'm stoked to read this :) -- as there's no fuel container with it: would fuel bottles of other manufacturers work on this stove as well (or would they not fit the thread ?)?!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
i'm stoked to read this :) -- as there's no fuel container with it: would fuel bottles of other manufacturers work on this stove as well (or would they not fit the thread ?)?!
You can run off your standard threaded gas canister, or you’ll need a fuel bottle with a pressure pump.

Do you have just the stove or are there bits like in this pic? I’ve done the pic fairly small as you have internet issues, hope it’s big enough.

Also, here’s a PDF of the manual.

IMG_1437.jpeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE