If this is you, you're probably a bushcrafter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BenTheSweep

Apr 12, 2013
Bristol
I've wanted this for ages. So excited when it arrived in the post today so :

I've taken the scales off, reprofiled the blade and changed the sheath for one made out of my dead dogs hackle skin. It's now 25% lighter than before and half as sharp. I love it, but it will stay in a drawer until I am reunited with the dog in the afterlife. I'll stick with my old one.

I can't decide how much to take, I know it only needs a pinch to light a fire, but I might need to light lots of fires. . . . . Sod it, I'll take all 4 kilos. I can skip carrying water. I don't need it for anything anyway. I'll just drink tea.

I pretended I won it or swapped it for an apple, or an opportunity to paint a fence. Either way she has no idea. Like I don't about the shoes that she keeps buying.

I've removed one arm as it rustled and replaced it with some guttering tube, swapped all the zips with press studs and sewn pockets of belly button fluff under both armpits, just in case I have no tinder to hand. Now it doesn't fit. I wonder if I can sell it to Bob?

I've lightened my pack to accommodate it. I don't really need a sleeping bag anyway.

I set it on fire trying to 'weather' it. The missus want's to know where all the tea towels have gone. She hasn't noticed my eyebrows yet.

I was so pleased at how cheap I managed to get it for as it was incomplete / damaged. I now have to replace all the missing parts at approximately 200% more than it would have cost to buy a new one.

Now I can't afford to pay the gas bill. Gas is overated as a heating medium anyway. . . . Isn't it Love? Where are you going with that bag? Eh? You don't even like your sister. . . . .

I have promised myself I will sell my old one to part pay for this new one. Secretly I know I won't, and it will end up on a shelf gathering dust with my other previously best things I've ever bought and must have or I'll explode.

I immediately broke it.

Please don't tell me that this is just me?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Just remember, they do occasionally peep over your shoulder, when you are on the forum, and they are much more clever than we give them credit for.

I suggest you change your password, and be especially nice to her tonight, just in case!

Good luck sir

Ivan...

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very amusing, and I 'spect there's more than a few who's ears were burning this evening! Welcome to the forum..........................atb mac

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Ours goes "what's the problem with dead things in the house anyway? What on earth do you think I feed you and would skin become acceptable if complete with cling film and an asda price sticker?!"

Welcome to the online asylum ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE