Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
One from last week... But up in my personal faves now. Sunset over elan valley, or there abouts :)

jNVjW.jpg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This character appeared on the windowsill at work, where I put out food for the birds, We're on the first floor, so he scaled a brick wall to get there.

Scoffed the entire tray of food, then fell asleep in the tray. I poked him with a pencil -didn't move. The office girls adore him now, and he's getting fed brazil nuts through the window, and getting his tail stroked.

Got to admit he is cute, but I am reminding the girls that I have a catapult on order and squirrel is delicious.

IMGP1357.jpg

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Caught out as I often am in these situations..Backpacking out after 5 nights in the woods, struggling up a slope with a 120 litre Bergan on, hand carrying gear as well leaving just one hand free to grab the camera round my neck and squeeze the button, double tap one hand..
Wouldn't win any photo competition but I'm happy..
006-9.jpg
008-4.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
My little buddy having found a nest on the deck next to an Ivy covered Yew, he was extremely gentle and quite while holding it, I asked why he was being so, he said in case the mummy bird comes back:D

526736_10151030248554073_1331256094_n.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Did you see them chewing wood nearby ? I often see them at my parents house, chewing wood from teak deck chairs.

We keep offcuts of cut wood and such around the garden perimeter, mainly to keep the beetle population happy, that is where the wasps collect their material I think. We had a huge one building a 'pot' in the folds of an old jacket a couple of years back, this one was quite small.

Thanks all. :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
One from yesterday. This is less about the picture, and more about the sound. The river Usk, largest river wholly in Wales, after heavy rain. No waves, just a huge volume of fast-moving water, and you could hear it as a sussuration, almost a deep hiss. Really hard to describe. Added that the sun was out, there were swallows and swifts flying low, and someone had left an almost full roll of duct tape on the bench I was sitting on (!), and it was a lovely moment.
IMGP1374.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE