your opinion please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jigsaw

Jul 25, 2009
ireland
whats your opinion on this knife guys,I like the fact its cheap as chips and easy to spot if droped.I dont fancy expensive knives being lost in the hills.Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

A.G.RUSSELL KNIVES

Now Available in Safety Orange One of Kershaw's most popular hunting knives is now available in safety orange. The Antelope Hunter II Orange features a robust, 3-5/8" drop-point skinning blade of tough AUS8A stainless steel at 57-59 Rc. The blade’s strength and curve enables quick skinning without damaging the meat. The Antelope Hunter II’s sturdy blade also handles the full range of field-cleaning chores with ease. In addition to its easy-to-find orange color, the handle offers significant advantages. The injection-molded co-polymer handle is contoured to fit the hand and offers enhanced control, even in wet or slippery conditions. Includes a leather sheath. Measures 8" overall and weighs 3.6 oz. Made in China. Suggested retail $29.95.

Kershaw® Antelope Hunter II Orange
(Low Stock, Call for Availability)

KE-1028OR

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
If you look at

http://www.kershaw-knives.net/Kershaw-Antelope-Hunter-II-1028OR.php

it seems to be selling for twenty dollars.

Looks like a perfectly competent product, at that price I don't think you're going to be disappointed although the sheath might not be top notch. The steel is fine (if it really is what the adverts say it is). I might prefer something with a lanyard hole if I were worried about losing it. It would be interesting to know what the tang is like inside that moulded handle, maybe the manufacturer can show you a picture of one before the handle is moulded on.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I prefer a Mora 510 or 860. Just know the Mora will never let me down and cheaper than the Kershaw too.

Last edited:

jigsaw

Jul 25, 2009
ireland
thank you for your opinions,for general messing about its a handy knife I think.Not sure if it would stand up to serious graft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE