Your most usefull bit of kit??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
My favorite piece of kit is my Duluth Trading Co. Bamboo Knife. I talk it up so much it may seem like I work for Duluth Trading but I don't.

I've chopped many, many, many pieces of firewood with it and it is still sharp enough to easily slice cheese, sausage, or my finger. All that and I've never had to sharpen it.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
The dog. It finds critters to look at, gnaws the firewood, scares people away, makes away with other people's lunch/waterbottles (if that was you, I'm really sorry!), craps in awkward places, vomits for effect, swims in stinking bogs, woofs at fish, rolls in fox poo, can find lost children, eats annoying yappy dogs for breakfast, retrieves and then chews atlatl darts and is really warm and snuggly at night. Plus when it gets really annoying I guess I could eat it...

N

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The dog. It finds critters to look at, gnaws the firewood, scares people away, makes away with other people's lunch/waterbottles (if that was you, I'm really sorry!), craps in awkward places, vomits for effect, swims in stinking bogs, woofs at fish, rolls in fox poo, can find lost children, eats annoying yappy dogs for breakfast, retrieves and then chews atlatl darts and is really warm and snuggly at night. Plus when it gets really annoying I guess I could eat it...

N

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nearly a coffee keyboard moment then :D

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
For me it's got to be the hammock. Spent an hour in one today and am once again at peace with the world, and my back's stopped hurting - go figure!

Added luxury, my Buffalo top, combine the two and you wont see me for days.

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
I was trying to think what I use the most, no matter what sort of tramp I happen to be on, and I concluded that it would have to be my walking stick, believe it or not. My favorite ones are bamboo. This isn't to say I always remember to take them but off the beaten path, I am constantly using it to help me stay upright, to help me make it up a steep hill or through rough going and to push foliage out of the way. And provided I don't forget my shoes and don't have more than a couple of miles to go, I could do with nothing else.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE