Your knife for Bushcraft...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Jake Rollnick said:
Cheers Hoodoo, still thats pretty awesome for the price...:biggthump

Yup, with sheath and scales added, I don't have much over $100 in any of them. I think my stainless ats 34 was the most expensive.

osfstainless1b.jpg

As you can tell, I will use any excuse to shameless post a pic of one of my osf knives. :wave:

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
I use a Fallkniven F1 and it's the most expensive bit of kit I own! I'm looking for a new knife soon, though, and I'm thinking of getting one of them there puukko type ones... Not that there's anything wrong with the F1, however... I just fancy a change. I also use a cheap army surplus Golok, which does me just fine for cutting up firewood and matches the rest of my cheap ex-army kit. Good kit is cheap kit, if you ask me, and living in what is traditionally an army town it's all over the place!

RJP

Jan 22, 2004
Kent
Paganwolf said:
Heres mine, its a Bison custom, which incidently now has a little brother a smaller utility neck knife...

knives.jpg

Paganwolf,
That's a nice neck knife, who's it by? Is it your own design?

Rob.

Moine

Forager
TAHAWK said:
Hoodoo, did you rehandle the "Brute"?

Tahawk,

Yes, I removed the plastic slabs (slippery). I straight wrapped a layer of leather and added a paracord wrapping. This handle is indestructible and it gives a great yet comfortable grip. The only downside is that the paracord absorbs anything fluid, thus it's not great for skinning.

Cheers,

David

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i've been waiting for a couple of years for my osf, or does it just feel like it??? :roll: :eek:):

cheers, and.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
tomtom said:
i've been trying to find out if its still possible to get an OSF blade.. dont think it is though!

Yeah but Nick's new bushcraft knife is a stunner. Prolly more pricey but we got Nick for the osf knife at a rock bottom price. He is incredible--and he's just a youngun. :shock:

R

rlinger

Nick is rapidly becomming one of those that I look up to for guidance in better knife making. He has impressed me both in what I have seen online and from what I have heard him speak to me over the phone and email. He is, in my opinion, a real rising star. A star of which I hope to keep contact with.

RL

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
wow!!!!! you guys have a kings ransom in knife steel--- make that a couple of kings and a duke or two!! I have a technique for you guys doing your own handles and such. If theres a shop where you can get boat repair materials, try getting some epoxy clearcoat, [brush on], and to it add a little of that non-slip additive they use on boat decks, makes a nearly indestuctable coating,very good grip and works really great over paracord. I have been using it for years,have not found anything better.

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
JayKay said:
Hi there, Thanks for reading my post.
Maybe this has been asked before, but I was wondering wich main knife you use for Bushcraft? I mean the knife you don't leave home without when you go into the woods......
For myself: Knife : F1 Manufacturer: Fällkniven
Link: http://www.fallkniven.se/a1f1/f1_en.htm
Greetings, Jeroen

I also use an F1 and an F1 (both customised), but these days I tend to grab my "old" Felleskap (blade by Trond on British Blades, handle and sheath by me).
I make the sheaths different these days though.

gjtrond01.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE