Yew Enzo Necker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Ive had my enzo necker blank for a few months now and thought it was about time to crack on. I cut the scales from a piece of yew and are held with corby bolts, epoxy resin and a lanyard tube.
The end result:

Thanks,
Leon

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If a valid entry (think there may be a materials cost ceiling) you should enter it in the 2013 knife making comp. I keep coming back to it with envious eyes. That bit of yew is covetable.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Thanks very much for the comments folks. :)

It is my second fulltang knife (first was my curly birch enzo trapper). I had the chunk of yew (seen in the background) that been sitting in the mrs's shed for the last 18 months from a tree job. I wanted to test yew on something small, as Ive heard of people feeling unwell from working with it.

It takes a very nice finish after oiling and polishing though.

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That definitely needs to be in the competition if it comes within the rules - a great bit of design and workmanship, a thing of real beauty.....................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE