Yew bow for sale.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi All,

I have decided to sell this yew bow. Since it was made its just sat on my bow rack with the other bows I dont shoot :eek:
The bow is 69inches long and draws about 45lbs at 28 inches. It holds flat or about half inch of reflex after resting.

This is a gorgeous bit of wood bow or not and has loads of humps and bumps. It is finished with tru-oil and has horn nock overlays.
If the buyer wants a leather grip we can sort something out but I think it looks nicer without.
I am looking for £240 for this, new string and material carry bag. One Piece yew bows are pretty hard to come by. I know and I make them. Quick look on ebay and the likes will show this is a fare price.

Not really looking for trades to be honest as I need the cash although I am looking for a plasterer of all things for my hall and landing.

I would much prefer a pickup for this and I am willing to drive a bit to meet the buyer. Postage is just a pain with something this long and fragile.

If it doesn't sell I am happy to keep this shoot it every now and then and keep it for display but it deserves to see more arrows and daylight.

P1010078_zps1f69388f.jpg

P1010070_zps99c9e0d5.jpg

P1010104_zpsa532262b.jpg

P1010084_zps64d1ee15.jpg

P1010133_zps140bb17c.jpg

P1010096_zps2fdc192f.jpg

Last edited:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very nice , I'm off to buy a scratch card. Glws

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks bud. It is tempting just to keep it and paw it every once and a while but I need to decorate before the missus burns the rest of them.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Bump
Price drop to 200 in person then it's withdrawn tomorrow. Really is an individual bit of wood that has the benefit of also being a bow. Character bows are a nightmare to tiller right but make a good looking bow.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
£10 off until 8pm this eve then it's back to the rack or I just gift it to a friend.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just gift it to me.

You have enough of my bows already ;)
Gonna have to pull my finger out and get making again but time is just so short at the mo. Add to that a load of cut, seasoned and then found unsuitable bow wood :(

Bow on hold for the moment thanks all.

Oct 7, 2014
Eastleigh
Hello dwardo I'm a new member,and have just read someone on bcuk saying anything bows ask you or robin,my question is do you make bows to sell?,if so let me know as I'm interested in a short bow about 40-45lb 48-50" overall, traditional bow. Can you help?. hooker

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi Hooker,

Thanks for the interest and the opportunity to apologize to some of the members on here who expressed interest in my bows.

A while back I managed to trap a nerve in my neck which was agony for a good while. It was also a bit of a panic as it put me out of action with my real job (Running my own IT business) It was made worse by my "archers physique" basically my whole right side being twice the size of my left and was always going to lead to back and neck trouble. Did not help that I was also training upto warbow weights before it went ping. No wonder the archers of the past started young.

Add to that my business changing and family life the bows have just taken a back seat. I hope to be making some changes soon that will get me back in the workshop in my free time as I miss it a hell of a lot.

If you or any other members want any guidance in making their own bow I am more than happy to provide step by step guidance.

Oh and welcome to the forum mate. Great place this.

Oct 7, 2014
Eastleigh
Ah well, thanks for your reply. I've heard that traction can help with your neck, but DIY is hit & miss!, ( hazadouse to well being), But if you do try it have somome,(other than the wife!),standing by with a very sharp knife. However I am not recommending my solution. Hope it disappears soon dwardo,if I don't see any future post I'll know you tried my remody:crutch:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE