world of survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I want to get a new book to go on holiday at the end of the week so has anyone got Ray's world of survival and is it any good or mainly about the tv programmes? Also is Bushcraft by Kochanski the classic that I've heard it is?

I need to order it today to get here in time so answers asap would be appreciated. Thanks Guys.

Oh also does Gary or anyone on here sell books if not I will go through the BCUK shop so we get a commision.

Bill

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I'd say that Kochanski's Bushcraft is excellent ... World of Survival is also a good book but more "pretty" than "info".

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Ok that's what I thought you would say Bushcraft it is. It is the cheaper of the 2 anyway. Now to use the BCUK shop.

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Shop worked fine and Bushcraft by Kochanski arrived this morning. Looking forward to reading it on hols next week.

Bill

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I emailed woodlore about the World of Survival book, as i was confused as to why they werent selling it.

Apparently Ray didnt actually write the book, but it was written by a BBC Researcher/Journalist, woodlore aren't happy with it. I have the book as well, more of a picture reference!

Cheers,

Jake

J

Jamie

Mors Kochanski and Richard Graves IMHO and buy it through the bcuk!!!! :wink:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
:eek:T: i forgot all about the book buying thing in here :cry:

just picked up a copy of ray mears essential bushcraft in WH Smiths cos i know nothing about the guy and dont have a telly

ah well next time .........

Tant

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
A lot of Rays books can be bought reduced by half from Borders - :wink: got be worth it.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Borders bookshops - have coffee houses in them too, they're everywhere dont here - anyway they have a 3 for 2 sale on - e.g Essential bushcraft and paperback Heroes of tellemark both reduced (heroes £5.99) and both on 3 for 2 offer too!

Unfortunately I wasnt buying, but a good deal none the less.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE