Hello.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lotto

May 22, 2023
Glasgow
Hi,

Received an instruction from Tony (White bear) to drop a little introduction.
I'm located on the west coast of southern Scotland.
Primarily I joined the site as an aid for my soon to be teen son.
He is displaying a keen interest in the outdoors out with my knowledge base of hillwalking. He is inspired by survivalist TV programs and when we go walking now I think he is bored and this is the direction his mind takes him.
For his birthday he would like to do a family survival course which we have agreed to look into.
To get him started I purchased Lars Fält summer skills and how to use a knife books.
It turns out we both share a previously unknown love of knives. I am particularly keen to learn more.
Fire starting with flint and steel is high on the sons to do list.
That is about all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure we will have plenty of questions in the near future.
Thank you.

Last edited:

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Hi and welcome! I think you should start on the flint and steel. The are easy to learn but you can then spend a long time improving your technique. There are plenty of cheaper options but have a look at Beaver Bushcraft for some stunning and high quality options and kits. (Smaller steels are a bit harder to use in the beginning.)

Droidy

May 7, 2023
Ringwood
Good Day Lotto, West Coast of Scotland your a lucky chap. I am one of those southern softy bikers that invade every now and again.
I watch Fandabi Dozi on YouTube for some great views and period survival, very envious.
Good luck with the lad, knives bows and fire .....easy hook.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE