Wool blankets supplier?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Charity shops often have some, at least around here.
They may need dying though as some have "interesting" staining/marks........
Cheap, mind you !

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Oh and check ebay out, I picked up a brand new blanket off there which are for hotel beds I guess (or anyone else that uses blankets on beds) for a tenner. It 100% wool 350gram I think, very well made...Atkinson or something on the label, and pretty big (2mx 1.50m IIRC) so big enough and thick enough to use for spring-autumn use.

Arth

Nomad
Sep 27, 2007
west sussex
Yep ebay is a good place to look I made mine from two pieces of woolen fabric which I stitch together, mind you wool isn't lightweight but is warm.

A

appletree_man

I got some 100% pure Scottish wool blankets from a local shop for a few quid each.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
They are the thin, but warm and very soft ones aren't they? The ones sold as picnic blankets. Brilliant little blankets, if you make a woolen coat from blankets, consider lining it with one of those for comfort and warmth.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
If you just won the lottery you might want to check out the classic amongst blankets, an icon in wilderness living, the hudson bay company point blanket!

available through woolrich amongst others.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought beautiful green wool from Bernie the Bolt at the Medieval Fayre at Lanark recently.
It's lovely stuff, 60" wide and the colour is a rich forest green. I think it was £6 a metre. If you are making clothing (from blankets) then maybe give him a call first, it's a better fabric for the job.
http://www.calltoarms.com/bolt/index.html
No connection, just a happy customer.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE