woodland for schools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hunter1182

Apr 20, 2012
london
My friend is looking for woodland within England for school groups so i said i'd post something on here for him. He's looking for woodland for the summer months that will be big enough for groups of a maximum of 70 but mostly around 30 children so that they can learn bushcraft skills. He would like to teach the children things like fire lighting skills and woodcarving and said that having hazel in the wood would be great as it grows back if cut correctly so can be used sustainabley for wood carving lessons. We were discussing it and couldn't figure out what size of woodland he may need for the fire wood to be sustainable each year. Any help?

Cheers guys,
Hunter

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Broadstone warren might be able to provide the space he is looking for. Regular groups of 70 kids in the wet is going to trash a 10 acre plot pretty quick. You may need to think about sourcing fire wood elsewhere and bring it in.

hunter1182

Apr 20, 2012
london
Broadstone warren looks really good, although it would be better if there was anywhere similar that was further north.

Cheers,
Hunter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE