Looking for somewhere to practice Buschraft and wild camp near Peterborough.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello there all, I am from Oban in the West Highlands, but live in Peterborough, so just thought I'd ask if anyone living local to here knows of anywhere in the local(ish) area where you are allowed to wild camp and have a fire etc on an overnighter near Peterborough?. Seems that just about every place I've tried around here is Private and not interested. I usually do hikes, wild camping and use some bushcraft skills when I go home to the Highlands on trips and hikes etc over the last 30 plus years, but looking for somewhere local I can keep my hand in between these trips home to the Highlands. I am a big believer in the "Leave NO Trace" policy. Recently hiked the 'Rob Roy Way' for the third time in May 2022 (didn't do any Bushcraft at all that trip) and 'The West Highland Way' in November 2021 for the fourth time. Had some wild fires and made bannocks on the trail. My youngest lad wants to learn so that's another reason I'm looking for somewhere local to here that I can take him and teach him some bushcraft skills once I check it out myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE