Wooden knotwork photo frame-pyrography.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
knotworkwoodenphotofram.jpg

By watergypsy at 2012-05-05

I made this frame for my boyfriend (dreadhead :eek:) Seen as how we live so far away from each other, I thought he needed reminding of my ugly mug on a daily basis! :lmao:

After months of looking, I found this oak frame in a charity shop! I stained it with dark wood stain and let it soak into the wood for a few days. I then spent a ridiculous amount of time sanding it down by hand!!

The stain had soaked into the grains of the wood, highlighting them which gave the frame the gnarly feel I was looking for :)

I then used a pyrography pen to burn all the knotwork and stags into it,which seemed to take forever!!! :(

After that it was just a case of sanding it down to make it smooth-ish and applying bees wax to darken it and protect it a little :p

This was my first attempt at something like this and I am very pleased how it turned out & im pretty sure he was too :eek:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I think its a great job; from personal experience getting knotwork just right is very hard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE