With a Heavy Heart - Helsport Varanger 8-10 Camp + Helsport Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Just acquired a Kifaru 8 Man Tipi and need to recoup funds so with a very heavy heart im selling My Varanger 8-10 Camp. Its been used 3 times so mint condition. Comes with drying rack as well as pole kit for the porch entrance

Guy lines are not currently fitted as i have my own custom guy setup with mini crabs. The originals are provided.

Stove is the matching helsport stove which fits all of their Lavvus. A little surface rust and the top has some heat warping but it works just fine

All Lavvu measurements can be found here along with the other info

http://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=9153003

Stove here

http://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=9152412

A typical layout with 4 cots is very doable as seen here

Here is another view of the same model (Not mine) with some handsome chap i met in the woods

A great shelter with superb airflow. Top hat adjustable from inside. Snow skirts and a pole which all folds into one tube for ease of carry.

Price for both is £700. I cant post this due to the weight so its collect from Coventry near M6 J2 or Meet at Northwood or White Rose BCUK meets. Im in Crawley next Thursday during the day if that helps anyone free from about noon. I will drive to meet someone midlands based, no charge within 30 miles.

Just to confirm its the Outer only although you can buy a floor and inner from Tamarack

Think that covers it so any questions dont hesitate

Payment either by cash on collection or Bank Transfer

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Would you part exchange it for a child? I have 4 to choose from ranging from 3 all the way up to 15!! The 15 year old is fully house trained and makes a decent cuppa!!

Have a bump on me!!

Cant believe your selling it mate!!

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
gah... no, bad tim, must take the wife on holiday. Can't have shiny things. Bad tim...

[edit] very tempted. Bad time of the month as it were... especially with the moot! I can't even get away with it with the wife at the moot because she's looking forward to trying out her hammock I bought for her 4 years ago and she's never used.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I have the varanger non camp and think that short of a poly cotton tentipi there is not better large tent. When at a campsite I think it makes all the other campers with mother ships wonder why they few their money away on a higear kite.

Disclaimer: bell tents are also great but extremely heavy.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I have the varanger non camp and think that short of a poly cotton tentipi there is not better large tent. When at a campsite I think it makes all the other campers with mother ships wonder why they few their money away on a higear kite.

Disclaimer: bell tents are also great but extremely heavy.

Your not wrong. The only time i used it at a commercial site with the family, i spent most of the day giving guided tours lol. On a wet day there is nothing better than sitting inside with room for you and your mates chairs and shooting the breeze while the weather does as it pleases lol. Great in the snow too of course. I still have a kongsvold 8-10 which is essentially the same tent but that will have to go soon too. Im moving more towards expedition tipis. Ive always wanted a tentipi but getting them dry was always the thing that put me off. The helsports just get chucked over my daughters trampoline and dry in no time

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
do you mean the grate n the stove that the flames are licking through. Its just a steel grate but a lot of people dont use it in the bottom, they put it above the fire to act as another spark arrestor. The stove has an internal baffle to stop flames going straight uop the chimney and the door has a baffle at the back of the air intake to stop smoke. Is a very clever design

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE