Winwood ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I do love these cryptic threads, they tend to be a great brain/google workout. This one though I'm not even going to try.....what on earth are you talking about Elen? What's "Winwoods" :dunno:

Cheers,

Stuart

Elen Sentier

I do love these cryptic threads, they tend to be a great brain/google workout. This one though I'm not even going to try.....what on earth are you talking about Elen? What's "Winwoods" :dunno:

Cheers,

Stuart

Sorry Stuart !!! It's late! Winwood Outdoor, Unit 2B, Western Bank Industrial Estate, Wigton, Cumbria, UK, CA7 9SJ
Website: www.winwood-outdoor.co.uk. Now I just get a 404 when I click on the URL. They used to import Gossamer Gear stuff so it's rather a blow as I don't think anyone else does. They were still in existence not long ago. ... anyone know how they died?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Sorry Stuart !!! It's late! Winwood Outdoor, Unit 2B, Western Bank Industrial Estate, Wigton, Cumbria, UK, CA7 9SJ
Website: www.winwood-outdoor.co.uk. Now I just get a 404 when I click on the URL. They used to import Gossamer Gear stuff so it's rather a blow as I don't think anyone else does. They were still in existence not long ago. ... anyone know how they died?

No need to apologise Elen, as I say, I like the cryptic ones :)

It's not a company I've ever heard of so can't help you out with any information I'm afraid, but for what it's worth I'm getting the old "404 error" message too.

Cheers,

Stuart

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've not heard any mention of them closing, it would have been mentioned on OM I think.

Prolly just a problem with their server

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Oh that's bad, I liked them, helpful, good to deal with and they imported Gossamer Gear. Does anyone know any UK company that does now? I'd a fancy for a Mariposa.

They are the only ones. Importing direct would be the second best option. I do like my Mariposa, its been a good pack.

Thats a shame, Winwood was a favourite for me.

Elen Sentier

They are the only ones. Importing direct would be the second best option. I do like my Mariposa, its been a good pack.

Thats a shame, Winwood was a favourite for me.

Teepee, tell me more about the Mariposa. I've got a mate coming over from the US for the Bushcraft Show in may and - if I can wait that long - she'd bring it to save import costs, she brought me my One that way. I currently use a Murmur.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thats the best way to get them Elen :)

I have the Mariposa plus. Its the older model. I use it year round for backpacking trips. Its a great pack for hammocking, the mesh pockets are huge and make life very easy.

It carries ok with a small load, but there are better. I've overloaded it a couple of times and its fine. With a decent load, it carries very nicely for its weight and I never find it uncomfortable. I've probably done a 100-120 days with it and I reckon its a third way through its life. Its showing its light weight, but is up to everything I've thrown at it.

I stop it getting ripped in the rough stuff by using a waterproof pack cover.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE