Contacting Schrade re defect..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Has anyone gone through this process?
I contacted them via email, got given a reference number and was told to send pics etc, then I've been ghosted... literally no reply after now multiple emails. :(

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Shrade was a US company until going bankrupt. They sold the name and remaining assets; mostly knife patterns to a Chinese concern.
I would go on every internet knife forum and post details.

stonepark

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2013
Carse of Gowrie
I fear your info is out of date ...

American Outdoor Brands, formerly Smith & Wesson Holding Company, owns three other companies: Smith & Wesson, Battenfield Technologies, and Crimson Trace.
The Battenfield Technologies subsidiary (btibrands) currently owns 13 to 16 brand names, depending on where you look on their web site, 4 of which are the old Schrade brands (Schrade, Old Timer, Uncle Henry, and Imperial). These were all acquired when Smith & Wesson Holding company acquired Taylor Brands, LLC in 2016, and moved those brands under the BTI company.

Reactions: gg012

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
The weird thing is they actually replied to my initial contact and gave me said reference number...I suppose it was probably automated, but not being an instant reply it made me think there was perhaps a small amount of human element - "read query, select appropriate direction to forward it, send"....
But now just total radio silence...

I wouldn't mind if they came back and said "do one" or "not our problem" at least then I'd have a certainty to where I stand...I mean I'm assuming that's where I'm at now..

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
American owned ( or, to be correct US. From Tierra del Fuego to Churchill we are all Americans)
BUT made in China while the original Yankee workforce flips hamburgers or something. I’m not being jingoistic when holding a vintage Shrade next to the junk that wants to supplant the USD with Yuan.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Update, the day before yesterday I received an email from them apologising for the delay in replying - first contact I made was on the 15th of March!!!
So the blade is covered, unfortunately due to shipping costs they won't replace it themselves, but have suggested getting in contact with a local supplier who, and I quote, "might be able to arrange a replacement to be shipped". I've got in contact and linked in the email and details and all that.. I'd be surprised if anyone wants to pick up the ball on this one.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Update, the day before yesterday I received an email from them apologising for the delay in replying - first contact I made was on the 15th of March!!!
So the blade is covered, unfortunately due to shipping costs they won't replace it themselves, but have suggested getting in contact with a local supplier who, and I quote, "might be able to arrange a replacement to be shipped". I've got in contact and linked in the email and details and all that.. I'd be surprised if anyone wants to pick up the ball on this one.

If the blade IS covered as they have confirmed , then surely by hook or crook they have to get you replacement or a refund??? if they are admitting responsibility then they have to honour that? Be it directly or via a third party. The honouring of it can't stop with a third parties opinion or preference on that matter??

Thanks for the update.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE