Winter hammocking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
I was speaking to a guy at the weekend and the conversation got onto winter camping. To cut a long story short he was saying he used a horses winter rug as I would think of an underblanket.

It already had the openings at each end was waterproof, windproof and reasonably warm.

Any one else used one of these with a hammock?

Thomas

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thats a very intresting idea, Would be intrested to see how it was set up as an underblanket.
Do you know if he altered it at all? i.e. cut/ sewed it.

Not being a horsey person I know what they are but haven't got a scobbys how much they go far.

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
No he didn't say if he had modded it just mentioned that I should try one. Lidl were doing one for under a tenner so I am told but online they look like they can be had for about £30.

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
The weight seems to depend on what you want. The ones that just block the wind and rain are not that heavy and roll up into a big shopping bag. I haven't seen a full winter one.

I might ask if I can borrow a mid weight one and try it in the garden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE