Winter Camping & Foreign Buys

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Junglist

May 30, 2011
Kent
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share some pictures from a few weekenders I've had with friends this year, plus a couple of pics from late last year.

Also, on my trip to India last year I thought I'd buy my fellow bushcraft friends some gear instead of the normal baccy and stupid souvineirs.

I thought I'd share the buys too as sort of advice, because if you're lucky enough to get a foreign holiday, it's well worth looking out for gear, it can be a lot cheaper but maybe not specifically designed for bushcraft.

I got my mates a couple of billy cans at 80 pence each, all my friend had to do was drill a steam hole because the lid is a snug fir, and a hole to put a knob on the lid so that it can be taken off when hot, these are what indians take their rice to work in, it's like an indian lunch box:

IMAG04271.jpg

A couple of belts at £1.50 each:

IMAG0437.jpg

3 head torches at £1.20 each:

rps20111214_083541.jpg

I got myself a 75ltr camo rucksack for about £9:

IMAG0491.jpg

I also bought myself a hammock, it's more for summer but I've been giving it a few trial runs cos I couldn't wait to use it ha ha, it's not like your normal hammock but it's so comfortable and roomy, it's also lovely for setting up on a beach between two palm trees and sunbathing in ;)
Here's me testing it out and a picture of how it hangs :)

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

And here's the pictures from the last few camps, we've been lucky enough to have 4 weekenders so far this year, and another one this weekend, can't wait.

Making shelters with tarps to give the hammocks a rest...

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

Thought we'd share this time as we normally have our own space, this one slept all 3 of us with room inside to cook too, was quite a nice change.

IMAG0173.jpg

Found a massive split fallen tree that made a great reflector as we knew we would need a paralell fire as it was due to snow that night and was bloody freezing!!!

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0306-1.jpg

Wasn't much snow the first morning, but we had some visitors, view from my hammock on waking up...

IMAG0321-2.jpg

Then that afternoon it started snowing harder and the wind was howling in so we lowered the main tarp on the side it was blowing from, and thought it would let the snow slide off, it didn't but it stopped the wind a bit.
The next morning...

IMAG0364-1.jpg

Super kebabs and the modified indian lunchbox billy can...

IMAG0344-1.jpg

Modified indian lunchbox billy can on a cardboard and wax candle in a shoe polish tin to make a cuppa while we set up camp.

IMAG0270.jpg

Just thought I'd share cos it's been a while :)

M

Matercraftsman

was a sweet weekend dude , looking forward to the next : )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE