Will you buy a Poppy Sir?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A perfectly sensible post that reflects the real situation not the whipped up public displays of emotion. Why the emphasis on WWI?.....

Because that's why the holiday originally started; when Woodrow Wilson procaimed the first day remembering the armistice one year after it was signed (the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month) It wasn't until the 1950s that it was expanded to include all veterans and wars.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I went to my local service, it was very interesting as our local priest is an ex RAF padre. The church was standing room only.

The padre had also organised a festival of remembrance on the Saturday night. This year it was about the Falklands war and he had a chap from 2 Para who had fought in that war to talk about it. They also had recorded interviews with other service personnel who served then. It was very interesting and also very moving. I left that evening with tears in my eyes.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...folks read, they don't always post..."

Indeed, over eight hundred folks have looked through this thread although only forty three have posted.

About forty people attended a short ceremony at the British War Memorial here in Hungary. The Hungarian army supplied an honour guard and a bugler.

PB110050.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE