Wild animal fats vs wild plant fats?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
U can just eat nuts whole for fat though but you have a great point
To think, for the last 39 years I’ve been grinding them into a fine dust to snort when I could have just been eating them whole all this time!

Still, I try not to deprive the squirrels of their food. Mines a 12oz ribeye please!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 pot hunter

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Just review some of the seasons of Alone and see how low Calorie intake vs calorie expenditure affects every facet of waking hours.

Before too long Dave Holder will be releasing his latest book, which involves a long term study on the effects of nutrition of all kinds.

I’d recommend the majority of people who have posted on this thread get a copy, seems an awful lot of pub knowledge being thrown around here.

• Haha
Reactions: nigelp

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Interestingly increased Testosterone DOES improve mental clarity and acuity IF one is already impaired in the first place.

The other stimulus that can increase testosterone production - at least in the short term, its the bodies way of getting you out of the s##t - is fasting ie not getting calories in the first place which can increase a GH and Testosterone spike - how long one can rely on this spike I don't know , I'd imagine its the bodies very clever way of 'robbing peter to pay paul' when the chips are down and you need the body to perform.

If one suffers with low testosterone levels the following mental / emotional symptoms are common:-
  • irritability.
  • anxiety.
  • sadness.
  • low sex drive.
  • memory problems.
  • trouble concentrating.
  • sleep problems.

But as mentioned they tend to be far longer term and would be in situa before a survival situation was the salient concern.

The above is why so many men with Low T often get wrongly misdiagnosed with sever depression and placed on happy pills.
Huge travesty.
Fasting is a great fat loss tool but 2 meals a day is most sustainable for leanness I now do a hard manual labour job so threw my healthy eating patterns out the window.

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
I think when you're roughing it, the question whether to just eat animals or to just eat plants would simply not come up. You eat what you can get. But generally a varied plant-based diet has you covered about as well as an omni diet. If you'd eat animals exclusively, certain vitamins could get tricky and you're missing out on healthy fibre.

Both diets struggle with B12 (not a problem when we forage, B12 comes from soil bacteria), D3 (get that plenty when we're outdoors), and possibly Omega 3s which we can cover okay with walnuts, fish and even leafy greens. Mostly it's a competition issue between the different Omega fats and as long as we don't eat "healthy" processed Omega 6 plant oils along with our fish, nuts and greens, our uptake of O3 will be good.

Cholesterol and Testosterone are both produced by the body, but he may switch that production gene off if he gets these substances pre-formed via animal products over many years. It may take a while for him to jumpstart after a diet change, but it's really not a problem. Fats are not really the problem either as the body doesn't need too many - it's just in general finding enough calories every day to have you covered. I wouldn't count on any magical properties for having a lot of Testosterone, except maybe that Odin's chosen lose more hair. :frown:

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE