Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
would anyone agree with this video?

i find that unless i use bone dry seasoned wood then its a cycle of get it going and nice flame , then after a bit starts to die down so add more finger thick twigs and it won't take off will sit and smoke so need to take top off and blow it into action

its the clone I've got

[video=youtube;FlSFHY3VQY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlSFHY3VQY8&t=0m30s[/video]

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
would anyone agree with this video?

i find that unless i use bone dry seasoned wood then its a cycle of get it going and nice flame , then after a bit starts to die down so add more finger thick twigs and it won't take off will sit and smoke so need to take top off and blow it into action

its the clone I've got

[video=youtube;FlSFHY3VQY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlSFHY3VQY8&t=0m30s[/video]

Adding wood to a woodgas stove should temporarily reduce the power until it flares up again. Damp wood is never good no matter how you choose to burn it. Perhaps batton out the drier parts of your fuel when its moist.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
i built one yesterday at work from tin cans, works great, put half a handful of wood cat litter pellets in burnt for 15 mins then turned to embers, smokeless and worked great, still cant wait to get the none i ordered though as it will be much better for camping as it packs down small

Sep 5, 2013
Lancashire
Just received one of these today from aliexpress and I am well chuffed for the money.
I don't know if anyone has tried or even realised that you can use small diameter pots on the mk1 quite easily if you half unfold the supports. You could even file grooves in the other side of the supports to help with the pot gripability (if that is even a word lol) but it seems pretty sturdy as is.
hure6eba.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sep 5, 2013
Lancashire
I have just received one of these today from aliexpress and I am well chuffed for the money.
I don't know if anyone has realised but you can use small diameter pots on the mk1 quite easily. All you have to do is half unfold the supports to sit a pot on. You could even file the backside of the supports to make it more grippy but it seems ok as is.
ynunaqet.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

UKarmr

Feb 22, 2012
N Yorks
Sonneli.
Long time no speak old chap, not using your Mytimug with the sea to summit on top then....

How do you rate this stove? I'm considering buying one, I prefer the look of the Chinese stove supports rather than the wire type.

What's the packed weight on the aliexpress one?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I prefer the look of the Chinese stove supports rather than the wire type

If you get the chance to try someone else's with the wire supports.....I would give them chance. I use my legitimate wildwood gas stove regularly . I wouldn't go back to using the old supports. Very happy with how the wire ones work.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

UKarmr

Feb 22, 2012
N Yorks
If you get the chance to try someone else's with the wire supports.....I would give them chance. I use my legitimate wildwood gas stove regularly . I wouldn't go back to using the old supports. Very happy with how the wire ones work.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cheers bud,mthey just look really flimsy in all the pics, and fiddly.
Where in West riding are you?

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I got one of these a few weeks ago of aliexpress and still have not got around to trying it. As far as I am concerned though it is likely to always be a cat litter stove. £3.99 for 10kg of the stuff will last me ages and is super cheap compared to anything else such as meths or gas. The way things are going it is getting harder and harder to find a place where you can have a real wood fire and this system seems the nearest way of doing that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE