whistle give away

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have a few Perry whistles to give away to needful homes.
All I will need is for you to send an SAE so I am not out of pocket on postage!
PM me - First come first served
John

Reactions: British Red

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Blimy - I can't even give these away!
I have only had three enquiries and have not yet been sent one SAE!
Is there anybody out there?

John Fenna said:

hello there, i run a group for adults with learning disabilities, we are setting up a walking and fishing catch and cook group in the spring and am trying to get equiipment, we would love as many as you have up to 10, anything that we can save money on. many thanks. please pm me you address and i will send you sae.

Dave

Nov 28, 2006
wales uk
ive had a hand made wistle given to me by john and the craft in making these ar tremendous john is a good craftsman i could not make these wistles they will come in handy one day and are worth geting

Tristan

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
John Fenna said:

Hi John

I'd be very grateful for one please? :)

If you PM me your addy, I will send you an SAE on Monday, and see if I can find a little something to stick in in return.

cheers

stuarty

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi Folks
I am afraid that if I have not sent you my adress already you are going to be out of luck as I have promissed the remaining whistles to Westnorfolk. If you PMed me and I replied with my address, your whistles are waiting for their SAEs - be quick or I will assume that you are no longer interested and I will re-offer them in the near future!
I am afraid that the ones being offered are not the hand-crafted ones like that I gave to Tristan (who I see regularly) but the kind you find on life-jackets etc and are in orange plastic and are (mainly)CE stamped.
Thanks for the nice words though Tristan!
Oh yeah Tristan - I forgot to tell you on Sturday night, but I have found some leather for your pouch and I have the pattern and thonging ready as well. The leather is lightish in weight, black and waxed to stiffen it and waterproof it a bit. See you Wednesday if you are coming to rehearsal!
John

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Thanks John, got it this morning
Along with the pouch ..... which was a nice suprise
The wife liked that and asked if you'd made it?

Anyway, you have rep and I'll have a hunt around to carry the process on

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Merry Christmas!
I am glad you like the pouch - a little extra in the Xmas spirit!
I have just finished a run at our local theatre as Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol" and felt I had to prove I am not a total grump - prove it to myself if no one else!
Yes I did make it myself, from a charity shop jacket - the source of much good leather.
I enjoy playing with the old sewing machine, to the extent that I took a BTEC deploma in Fashion Design as a "mature" student (who said "growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional" they must know me !) turning everything to outdoor persuits and still getting a distinction with my final, Ventile, collection. I did some freelance design work for Craghoppers and Snowdon Clothing for a while but then got into gear reviews for magazines instead. My sewing skills are a little rusty these days but I still like making things....especially when they are apreciated.
Merry Xmas and "God Bless us One and All!"
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE