Where to buy a decent axe in (central ish) London?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Iain71

Dec 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
Hi there,

Am just looking to buy a good quality axe when I'm up in London later in the week. (I like to feel before I buy!).

Google, unusually, hasn't been particularly helpful, so am wondering if anyone here can point me in the direction of somewhere reasonably Central in London where I might be able to find something.

Names I've seen bandied about include Gransfors and Tamarack.

Thanks.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Tricky one. I used to go to all the camping/outdoor shops in Covant Garden & most of those sell knives (in locked glass cabinents) but I never saw an axe.

Iain71

Dec 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
Thanks for the replies. Am amazed at how difficult this seems to be.

Have found a place out in Enfield - an hour's round trip on the train from Central London. Not ideal, but currently my best bet!

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Amazing. I'm living in a country of 3 million people. My town is 300.000 inhab. and still i found a shop that sells gransfors bruks and husqvarna axes. I did not like it, went to capital (500.000) 60 miles away and found a much bigger shop, I was offered like 10 SF axes to choose from :) maybe fancy coming over here? :D it's like 30 quid for a return flight :D and it's cheaper 'couse carving axe was for 75, small forest 50 quid. LOL

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
If you dont go mail order then DIY shops will be your best bet. Find a good one and you will probably find an OK £20 axe or maul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE