Where do you keep all your kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
My kit is also all over the place! It drives me mad turning the house upside down while packing my bag on the eve of a night out! Does anyone keep their kit in a rucksack, so its "good to go" at a minutes notice?

I am trying to do this, although some kit is not ideal to be kept in a rucksack all the time, i.e. down sleeping bags.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
everywhere! trouble is i could never find that 'essential' item when i wanted it, spent more time turning the house upside down than packing. sorted now though rented a lockup on a farm :D duel purpose, its my wood carving den too! its great to have it all in one place all neat and tidy (ish) :cool:

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I've had to knock through the wall in the loft conversion to open up the area under the eaves. I've boarded it out and now it takes my solo camping kit. The big walk in cupboard in the youngest kid's room is for most of the family camping gear and an alcove on the landing has the wooden boxes filled with the kitchen.... well.... most of it anyway.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
The whole house in the past; but recently:

110411gardenandshed2.jpg

My house no longer smells of :campfire:

:lmao::lmao:

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Set of boxes on a shelving unit in my study.
My kit is sorted out by type in the boxes, at the moment they are sorted as follows:
Fire & cooking
Shelter and sleeping
Sharpes, lights and misc
Clothing
Stuff bags (yes I have a box of stuff bags, thats what I put my kit into before it goes in to the rucsack, keeps everything dry and sorted)

Sleeping bags and underquilt and kept hung up and uncompresed.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Currently into 3 large storage boxes in the spare room: Shelter and sleeping, Food and water, Everything else - although we're rapidly outgrowing them!
Knives, my whittling and sharpening stuff etc are in a Snugpak Response bag on my computer desk (next to the computer and wood shavings (!)). Sleeping bags are loosely stuffed into pillow cases in the other bedroom wardrobe. Self-inflating sleeping mats are soted open on top of the wardrobe :)

E

ex member coconino

Apart from sleeping bags and clothes, most of the regularly used stuff is in a couple of shallow bakery crates which stack nicely and are wide and flat enough to let me see most of the gear in one view, with small stuff in plastic take-away tubs. The less-travelled kit is in large plastic storage boxes, including one box full of various stoves, and I have a metal box for fire lighting kit. I don't keep the rucksack packed, if I did I'd only pull the gear out again before a trip anyway.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
The spare bedroom... the other spare bedroom... the landing... the attic.. the main bedroom... the sitting room... the kitchen... the utility room... the shed... the garage... the greenhouse...

Basically wheverever I have sapce to put something... much to the continual annoyance of the little wifey :lmao::lmao:

Oh wow, me toooooo :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The smallest room in the house is mine (no, the bathroom is bigger, honest) and all my stuff is crammed in there. Well, the stuff that isn't in my shed, or the storage boxes outside the shed, or the other shed (the one nominally hers), or the spare room...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE