What's your long term project for this year?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
My main plans for this year is to get out more and teach the little uns as much as possible. Also wouldnt mind having a go at making a pod type design for my hammock

Craig

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Specific projects are -
Start my canoe paddle - the wood seems seasoned now (sawn plank from a local tree, felled by the council and given to me by a bloke with access to the wood for the loan of a paddle to get a pattern for HIS paddle making) - this one fills me with anticipation as I am carp at woodwork, have only basic tools and don't want to messit all up in 5 secs!
A FYGT knife - I have yet to get the blade (in the post though) as it is via a trade with another member here...it will need convexing, handle-ing and a sheath making for it and I intend this one to be my "showpiece" with realy fancy wood, a sparkstick (matching or in Antler) on the sheath and perhaps some fancywork on the leather, with a matching possibles Sporran....
A lot of learning there!
I may also make a start on Volume the Second of "A Basic Guide to Making Your Own Budget Bushcrafting Equipment"
I have ideas of patterns for Smocks, Possibles Sporrans, Mocassins, hats and simple metalwork amongst other things....

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
For the next year and onwards, mine/ours are mainly (in no particular order):

- To finish renovating/redecorating our new house
- To get the garden started properly and the greenhouse set up
- To get chickens (and hoping the neighbours don't mind too much!)
- To get me a bike so I can get out and about with Pinky on his
- To go out camping at least once a month but ideally more, either by ourselves or at meets etc
- To get our camping/bushcraft kit to the minimum required for us to be efficient yet comfortable
- To learn the skills to become largely self-sufficient outside indefinitely, should we decide to go out for long periods
- To learn how to whittle and make Pinky a giant kuksa
- To make significant progress on our LEGO loft (we boarded and insulated the loft to convert it into a 'big kids' LEGO playroom!)
- To get involved with Scouting (already doing well on this front - thanks Fizzlebang!)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
1:Camp out at least once a month ( so far on target :) )
2:Forage for more edable and useful things (and use them this time :eek:)
3:Help with my local scout troop (awating a call about this at the moment)
4:Try and make a knife (NFI where to start but thats the challange)
5:Restore an axe (just need to find an knacked one now)
6:Try to take over the world! (Progressing nicley)

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
build my car before i get my licence in august.
do the "15 items or less" overnighter challenge in wales in a few weeks.
stop buying stuff and use what i have already a LOT more.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I suppose "have carnel knowledge of Kylie Minogue" would be aiming a little too high?

Been trying for the past 6 years but the mounting court orders are getting embarrassingly high now.

I'll think of something a bit more achievable and post it later. Still focussed on Kylie right now to even think straight.

Ape_Ogre

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2010
Southport, UK
I would like to attend my first bushcraft course and spend a weekend out in the wilds (actually doing bushcraft instead of just reading about it!)

Feb 6, 2011
none
Make my new secluded campsite on Dartmoor pay for itself , stick to bushcrafters as clients not to let it get too commercial, not to spoil the wildness, and most of all spend more nights up there than last year 30 to beat...Think i might achieve the latter up to 8 so far !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE