What to make with this beer keg?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The vicar gave me this beer keg, sadly empty, saying I might get some use out of it - what should I use it for?

7e437af7.jpg

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
I got one split longitudinal, best barbi i ever owned, fits enough food on for whole family, then chuck wood in an use it as a fire !!!

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Wood burning stove, BBQ, charcoal forge, fire pit, chimnea, brewing barrel, water butt, charcoal kiln.........

2sheds

May 19, 2011
down Gower
with fire will it not melt?
a few years a go i remember a group of fellas stealing kegs from outside pubs then melting them dowm on a big bonfire into unrecognisable blobs before weighing them in for scrap (along with filling the bottom of the transit tipper with stolen man hole and drain covers to up the tonnage)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's not that big, that's why I put the car keys next to it for scale!

Think it's made from steel so fire not a problem. I do have a full size pressure keg that I was given which I think is stainless that will be turned into a stove in the future (probably an oil burner)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE