What to do with a beer keg

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
A while ago a beer keg was left out by our bins so I thought to myself i could make something out of that, but i cant think what to do. Does anyone have any suggestion?

I was planning on attempting a simple bbq style item, but i recently got a big fire pit of freecycle which i will use for my BBQs from now on.

So any suggestions what it can be turned into?

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
no idea, there is nothing on it which suggests where it came from. its was out by the bins for several weeks. we get a lot of stuff dumped... including a huge oil drum once

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Sure...
If you grind the top off with about 6" to spare (so you have a lid), drill some large holes on the bottom to allow air in, then spiral drill some holes around the body to hold rods of various heights, jobs a good-un!

Or, a simple notch cutting around the top of the barrel, you allow you to set rods in a star fashion, while still keeping the lid flush...

Thats just what I would do, anyways, al.

P.s dont forget to post a piccy or three.

Last edited:

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
one of these , steel i guess?

beer_keg_thumb.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE