What spices & condements?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
When camping I carry a jar of Bovril, small sweet tins filled with salt, pepper, vinegar, English mustard, (borrowed from fast food places).
Vegetable Knorr cubes, garlic, bisto gravy browning, not the granules, but proper bisto, Australian bush pesto mix (from Oil and Vinegar) fantastic stuff great with just about everything, (mix a bit with hot water, leave for a few minutes then add olive oil. It does just about anything from making cheese on toast something special to adding a bit of zing to foraged herbs, I’ve not found anything savoury that you can’t use it on …yet)
shredded suet and flour, cooking oil and olive oils.
and anything else I can find to fill up my pack :rolleyes:
kitchen sink anyone

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Nalgene containers. The travel kits are really useful.

Have finally managed to get rid of my coarse grind pepper mill. You can buy coarse ground pepper in Sainisburys.

Also take a Netto Jalfrezi curry mix, which is slowly running out! It has a nice curry taste but sweeter overtones. It was an offer so they do not have it all the time.

Take golden syrup instead of sugar.

Also carry lots of different herbs, esp Mint (To make sure I have it).

Extra Virgin Olive oil for all oily needs.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
I have eight or so little bottles and carry..

Olive oil, soy sauce, sesame sead oil, little tub of maldon sea salt, coarse black pepper, little bottle of maple syrup, few stock cubes and some bovril, also a few mixed herbs.

Makes the world of difference when cooking up!

I got about 8 bottles/box of various small sizes from cotswolds, cost me £6 I think, usefull for all sorts of things.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Got used to just drinking Ovaltine with sugar & hot water to avoid the milk issue.

Lemon juice is good just to put flavour up drinking water. And handly comes in plastic squeezy lemon.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Depends on the type of camping, my condements range from a few zip lock bags with herbs to a big tupperware box with the full range of nice things. Squeeze tubes are great for things like butter spread, jam, honey etc, I love tubes of sweetened condensed milk, and I now prefer curry paste to powder

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
i love jerk chicken.spent a fortnight in jamaica and now i love the stuff but you still cant cook it like the jamaicans

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE