What book are you reading at the moment?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Bernard Cornwells latest - "The Fort". I was hoping for another in the Alfred series and I'm not sold on this one yet.

It gets better Red, it is a bit slow at first but comes to a very interesting conclusion.

I've just finished The Natural Navigator by Tristan Gooley and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has literally changed my perspective when out and about.

I'm currently reading Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden, the fourth in his series based on the Mongol empire. He excels at historical epics, outdoing even Cornwell.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Nature through the seasons.
Richard Adams (Watership Down)
& Max Hooper.
With some extremely detailed illustrations by David A Goddard.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Mr. Nice by Howard Marks. The last of last years' Christmas presents. I just started so I definitely won't be finished by the time I get new books this Christmas. For some reason that makes me feel like I have failed.:(

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Soviet Military Policy Since WWII -William T. Lee

images

Very much out of date now, but contains some fairly scary facts and figures

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
"The Ingoldsby Legends"

Having read various H Rider Haggard books earlier this year, I remembered Allan Quatermain saying that he wasn't a literary man, having only ever read The Bible and The Ingoldsby Legends. A few weeks ago, I just happened to come across an 1882 edition of The Ingoldsby Legends in the bookcase that we'd inherited from my wife's parents, which I am now reading.

Geoff

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've just finished The Affair - the latest Jack Reacher novel. Not bad but not the best Reacher by far.

Not yet decided which book to start next.

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
Just finished "One Man's Wilderness" by Richard Proenneke and Sam Keith. It was the most inspirational book I've ever read.
Now reading "The Magic of Reality" by Richard Dawkins. I balance my bushcraft reading with books about science and skeptical thinking. :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Some war book can't remeber the exact title but something like 'immediate response team' about chinook crew in afganistan. A bit heavy going.

just finished:

'no fly zone' - a harrier jet pilot who got shot down/ evacuated along with some SAS guys. I enjoyed that one

'Natural Navigator' - REALLY enjoyed

'The long walk' - REALLY enjoyed

My local library has a 'free' section of donated books you can pick up, you don't have to bother checking it out/ paying, you can keep them for as long as you like - they like it if/when you get round to giving them back. so usually pick up a couple of random books every now and again - a good system [and yes I do give them back, even if it is after a couple of months]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE