What are you wearing..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
In this weather (wet n windy) I wear some walking boots or my Dr. Martens, anti-blister walking socks, cotton combat trousers, plain t-shirt, fleece jumper, optional army shirt, German army parka with lining, fingerless gloves, and a fleece hat. If it is heavily raining I would swap the parka for an army jacket and a waterproof jacket and also take some waterproof over-trousers, if it was moderately raining I'd leave the parka on and also put the shirt on and if it was just drizzle the parka is fine as it takes a long time to soak through.
In cold weather it is pretty much the same, except I would wear the shirt and wouldn't bother with the waterproofs.
In hot weather I wear the combat trousers, the same boots and socks, a t-shirt and a light-coloured (usually woodland camo) shirt or jacket depending on how many pockets I wanted and whether I am going somewhere which might have strong winds such as the beach near me.

That's pretty much it :)

wolf_diver

Forager
Jan 21, 2007
Weymouth Dorset
Just trying to see who is a walking advert for the Army surplus stores and who spends money on top range bush clothes. As i work in the job, i dont feel like running around in my work clothes be it desert or jungle rig. But i do like to wear serious civi outdoor wear and want some ideas. Oh the string is double the middle to the end by the way....:approve:

Jay :D

I'm usually found in dpm lightweight trousers, the ones I have are almost windproof and dry so quickly when wet they are ace. On top It's a t shirt and a swandri ranger extreme. Footwear usually a pair of leather hi-leg hillwalking boots or Grubs Stalker boots, in summer I wear meindle fox boots (ace but a bit narrow!). I usually have goretex dpm stuff in a day pack (In winter I'll add a dpm mvp arctic hat and gloves).

In winter I wear a full set of US issue ECW thermals, goretex socks and barbour long wool socks. If it's really cold I'll wear Newzealand cold weather fleece trousers that repel water. I also have cold weather fleece top and motorbike face mask for the cold wind/driving rain/snow.

The reason I like ex army stuff is that I enjoy my wildlife and don't particulalry like to be seen when I'm in the green stuff. I like to blend in. It's also a lot tougher and better made than many commercial products.

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
Normally DPM combats (because they didn't have any olive in my size at the surplus store I went to), which have taken a battering and are still going strong. Walking socks and walking boots

Dependent on how cold it is as to what I have on top, normally any of my normal (non-violent coloured) tshirts, Green norgie or fleece type jumper. If cold I have a thermal ls top on, if not it's in my bag (Im a pretty cold person!)

Then a brown cotton windproofish jacket, spare socks, wooly hat and waterproofs in my bag.

If it's really chuffing cold or wet, I have thermal trousers and sealskins gloves with me too.

I tend to go for surplus for it's hardwearing qualities, but avoid DPM where possible. I don't tend to buy expensive bushcraft-specific clothing, because there are very few items I can't find a cheaper, just as effective alternative to.

I stick to my greens and browns, blend in, stay warm and dry quickly, without looking like a military obsessive, or paying out shedloads. Works for me :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sorry no help here as i am the wondering advert for military surplus :D
Our kid is the the mob so i figure ill get some of my taxes back :eek:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Fjallraven trousers
Ullfrotte baselayers
Swannie top
Ventile jacket or Swazi anorak
Lunhag Ranger High boots
Synthetic t-shirts in summer

Generally stuff in olive although I still have my ripstop dpm jacket which I use for hunting sometimes.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
summer
grag hoppr trouser or army surpluss trousers
tea shirt
huddy
military grean dpm water proof jacket and trousers
kat walking boots
totonka gaiters
genuine hand made to my head austrialian kangaroo leather bush hat

winter
as above but add a wool zipped jacket over the hoody and a standerd us army issue antarctic parkar coat instead of army grean water proof jacket still use the water proof trousers though

and for the head a new york yankee bean with peak

Shorts
T shirt
Tevas

Dessert Shirt dyed Purple now faded to pink :D

DSC00134.jpg

Got a Swanni in the bergan :rolleyes: and a leather hat inthe car just in case the Bushcraft Police come by:eek:

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
All weathers:
x2 Socks
x1 German Para's
M84 boonie

Summer:
Shorts
DPM shirt

Winter:
Dutch woollen base
T-Shirt
Norgie (or two)
Arktis Stowaway (planned)
Asda cotton pants
Gaiters

Nuff Said.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
British army assault boots with thick commando socks (wool mix) for all weathers

in summer, shorts and a shirt of some description poss t-shirt.
winter: t-shirt base, norgie and jumper with combat pants.

then i've got my trusty boonie hat or my new bush hat ;)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
All Year -
Plain green ripstop BDUs
Thick socks
Pair of Mountain Warehouse walking shoes
Cotton T Shirt

Summer Extras -
A plain green 'boonie' hat
A knackered old green shirt I got from Oxfam years ago but bloody love because it's nice and light and baggy.
I wear both of these to keep the sun off - I HATE getting sunburnt.

Winter Extras -
Nordy shirt
Waterproof jacket with hood (a pac-a-mac for light showers, a Goretex thing for heavier weather)
Waterproof over-trousers if looks like it's going to be proper wet.
Woolly 'Benny-off-Crossroads' type hat
A shemagh for a scarf
Gloves (have several pairs, I'll wear whichever pair I find first. But they're nothing special, just gloves)

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
When I was on a moose hunt a couple of weeks ago I wore:

Wool underwear (trousers and shirt, army issue)
Flecktarn Gore-tex trousers (I forgot my Fjellreven:eek: )
Bergans dermizax jacket.
Wool cap (bot knitted and peaked)
Woolen socks (knitted, homemade)
Grub`s exstreme boots.

In my pack I had a headover (army buff), knittet sweather and fleece gloves.

I used the sweather only one of the days and it was way too warm. I also used a jerven tarp when sitting on post waiting for the moose to arrive as it was snowing and windy.

The temperature ranged from 10deg C to -2deg C during the hunt.

Tor

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
US Army gortex lined boots or training shoes
Army B65's or lightweights
Tee shirt base layer (Primark £1 each)
Padded shirt from October on
Sweat shirt
Norgie tops
Wooly pully
Woolie hat http://www.joe-brown.com/outdoor-equipment/clothing/hats-and-headgear/trailwise-wool-balaclava.html
Fleece Jacket
Gortex jacket

Pick and mix, if your in the UK the most your going to experience is -10 and thats rare (unless your up in Scotland or Snowdonia/Beacons) so I don't see the point in spending £20 on a thermal vest when my £3.99 long sleeve vest from Peacocks does the same job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE