Western Beacons MSART fundraising - Cardiff 17th Dec

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
A bit of blatant marketing and begging! :)

I'm the fundraising officer for a Mountain Rescue team in south Wales. We cover the largest area in the UK with everything west of Cardiff (west of Penarth to be specific) including the whole of the Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire areas as far north as New Quey and Aberaron. We don't just do mountains! Many of our calls are lowland search or support ops. Recently I was on a search for an elderly gent in the parks and sports grounds of Rhymny in the middle of Cardiff.

Our area includes Merthyr Mawr. We're the guys who'll be called to carry you off the dunes or out of the woods if something goes bad at the Bushmoot!

Like all voluntary groups we're constantly looking for funds and Tony has kindly allowed me to put up the occasional post publicising our fundraising efforts.

So for any of you fine people who may be in Cardiff this Saturday (Dec 17th), we will be sat at the castle end of Queen Street for the day. As well as a number of very knowledgeable Mountain Rescue team members (and me!) we'll have with us our Land Rover full of medical, search management and rescue kit. Feel free to stop by for a chat or just to have a rummage through the kit (no GIOT or swaps!). And if you fancy dropping a couple of pounds into our collection tin I certainly won't complain!

Over the months there will be other collections and events the team will be involved in. I'll pop up the occasional posts letting you know the where and when and how you could contribute. Also, if you know of any fundraising opportunities in the south Wales area please drop me a PM. We often give talks to community groups, marshal sporting events or just shake buckets outside Tescos and I'm always on the lookout for new ideas and opportunities.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Well, it went quite well on Saturday.

Despite the poor weather we raised £526.

So if any of you fine people were in Cardiff and dropped a couple of coins in our bucket then thanks!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE