Wanted. Dried Rations, Hot Start Cereal.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you struggle to find any Chris I made up my own variant

Oats & More - Almond flavour
Oats so Simple - Golden Syrup flavour
Milk powder

Hot and tasty and gets you going in the morning

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Rich, is Oats & More a dry mix like the Oats so Simple range?
And can 'pour and store' type bags take near boiling water?

Thanks for getting back to me, I have a real soft spot for the old 'Hot Start'!

Best.

Chris.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It is mate, it's clusters of cereal but with the milk powder and boiling water it's a tasty meal.

No probs with boiling water straight into the P&S bags

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Cheers bud, one more while I have ya!
Full fat powderd milk, any ideas?

Chris.

I use:

powderedmilk.jpg

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Think so mate, not got any in currently so cant check. tastes same as niddo to me. very creamy so doubt its skimmed and generally speaking asia cuisine always uses full fat everything. ill be making up all my 2 in 1s with it like i did for estonia and ive added it to oats for cooking in poor and store and it tastes good

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Have you tried the 6/4/2 recipe! 6 oats (I use some type of steel milled oats), 4 milk powder and 2 sugar. Just add hot water and stir. Alternatively pour it into a wide mouth flask and add boiling water, do this before you go to bed then, hay presto wake up to hot porridge with out leaving your pit!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm using Nido (£7 for a big tin) but will switch to East end when it's run out. Pauls stuff never seperates when it gets hit with boiling water, I have to fart around cooling some water down to mix in before adding boiling.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just checked and it's the East End stuff I have, let me find out where the asian supermarket is and I'll try and grab you a bag Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE